What's new

If you had to purchase one high end brush what would it be?

After trying many brushes over the past few years, my favorite is now Shavemac D01 Silvertip. Density is outstanding. Face feel is sublime. Backbone of other brand's finest or two band with the tips of the most luxurious three bands.

Envy Shave has a luxury Silvertip that feels similar but the one I bought a couple of years ago never stopped losing a couple hairs every shave. Not really a shedder in my mind but it annoyed me enough that I gave up on it.

Shavemac D01 Silvertip
Paladin
Simpsons Manchurian or two band Silvertip

I'd buy any one of those if I could have only one.

Elite Manchurian knot is also one I'd like to include. Also excellent. Much less scratchy than Simpsons Manchurian when new.

@discerningbev - Where is the review of you newly acquired brush(es)? Can't wait to hear about your experiences!
I love it and would purchase another Paladin in a heart beat. Great medium to firm backbone with soft tips. It is much better than my Simpson Chubby 2 Best Badger around the same price. If you are in the market for a high end brush I highly recommend it. I think the big 3 at the moment are Morris & Forndran, Declaration Grooming and Paladin. I just sent a handle to Declaration for a knot so I will have that to compare it with in about 1 month. Happy Shaving!!!

I love it and would purchase another Paladin in a heart beat. Great medium to firm backbone with soft tips. It is much better than my Simpson Chubby 2 Best Badger around the same price. If you are in the market for a high end brush I highly recommend it. I think the big 3 at the moment are Morris & Forndran, Declaration Grooming and Paladin. I just sent a handle to Declaration for a knot so I will have that to compare it with in about 1 month. Happy Shaving!!!

Yes, those are my three favorite brushes. And if you like gel-tips, I would add Brad Sears (based on the one point of data I’ve got). Simpson is classic, and a very good brush as well. I don’t have any Rooneys, which I suspect would also crack the starting lineup. The Rudy Vey/Shavemac is in process...

Top Bottom