What's new

If you can have only one DE for the rest of your life.

Jagger DE89. I've been experimenting with a variety of DEs lately and came back to the Jagger this week for the first time in a couple of months. It just works better for me than anything else I've tried.

Of all the razors I have owned the Gillette New would be the one ... in fact it is the only DE i now own after all the others were sold or given away. I might be tempted with a birth year [1957] razor.
I remember the GEM 1912 SE being a very good razor.

Gillette New LC. It's not my go to (the R41 is), but I don't expect the R41 to last as long as the Gillette would. So, the NEW LC it is. Fantastic, effortless shave.

If there are Feather blades in this one razor hell, then I guess I'd grab my AS-D1 before walking through those fiery gates.....:lol:

I'm still totally enjoying my rhodium plated Gillette New LC that I got for Christmas. Prior to that I would have said the Merkur 34C, but I'm just enjoying this New LC too much right now. Smooth and effortless is a good description.

I haven't tried everything......yet. But if I had to choose from what I have had experience with, it would be a Gillette Fatboy. I've got my eye on a Futur and an ATT Titan though, so that could change.

One of the metal ones.

Edit: ...
(Out of my four, and thinking of a few I haven't tried, but would like to) I don't think I have enough experience to give an honest answer.

Last edited:
Top Bottom