What's new

I want a splash exactly like Speick...but not Speick

Nothing useful to add other than a defense of Swiss Pitralon. For the sake of anyone else looking for a Speick-like aftershave, Swiss Pitralon is a good option. They're both similar in the quality of scent - herbal, fresh sort of scents that don't linger much at all - both are gone within an hour or two (at most). They both have very similar healing properties.

How about Earth Science Aftershave Splash?

It is all natural, camphor, grapeseed, etc, etc....has a lightly herbal fragrance that doesn't overstay its' welcome. Feels good after a shave, and it cheap--like $7 at Whole Foods.

Nothing to loose there.

How about Earth Science Aftershave Splash?

It is all natural, camphor, grapeseed, etc, etc....has a lightly herbal fragrance that doesn't overstay its' welcome. Feels good after a shave, and it cheap--like $7 at Whole Foods.

Nothing to loose there.

Never heard of it before--we have a local co-op, no WF. I'll check it out!

ETA: Just looked it up, my co-op doesn't carry it, but it's readily available online.

Last edited:
Booster aftershaves are nice with a bit of alcohol and a short list of simple ingredients. they are also cheap for a huge bottle.

the proraso splash had too much menthol for me.

I don't care what basenotes says. Musgo Real does not smell like patchouli. You should find a sample.

The only "problem" with the Musgo Real splash is that it is almost too moisturizing. Here in balmy Florida (heh heh) I have to be more sparing with the Musgo than I am with my other splashes.

provence sante green tea comes close.

acqua di parma splash has some extra in it also - olive oil?. I did not think it was so great at first, but then the hot weather came and it came on its own.

Santa Maria Novella is another splash that burns a bit, but has some good stuff for the skin. Speick like to me. The scents are unique so make sure you like them before you order blindly. Unless you just like lavender, and that one is very lavender safe.

Make your way over to badgerdecants.com and get yourself some samples and what ever you do don't count the musgo out. The La Toja is pretty nice and fits the description of what your looking for I think.

I know it is joked about a lot around here, but Mandom is quite soothing in my opinion.

Actually you may want to try several of the Japanese aftershaves.

You are going to have a lot of problems finding a splash like Speick. It is the best IMHO. I use it 60-70% of the the time and use my other aftershaves as fillers.

Speick is one of my favorites, but you may want to try the Aubrey Organics line. I can't say if any of the scents would be to your liking as none of them are as light as Speick except maybe City Rhythms. My favorite of them is the Spice Island, which is a bay rum/vetiver combo.

You may want to try Thayer's Superhazel, it comes off a touch medicinal at first but it's really grown on me, after it fades it leaves a very subtle peppermint scent.

Biotherm Homme - High Recharge Energy Splash might be something you would want to consider.

Might have to order it via the web since it is not available to many place in the US.

Good luck with this search...but I'm not confident you'll succeed in finding a suitable replacement. I too am "hung up" on Speick splash.

I like an alcohol splash after applying a balm and Speick is bar-none the best I have found, and I have tried quite a few. Occasionally I have strayed just to mix up the scent like you want to do. I once even bought a balm with alcohol in it to see if that could work, but it just wasn't as good. Hopefully you'll be more successful than me.

In every case I have come back to Speick splash. It is in a league of it's own and the perfect aftershave splash IMO. My balm of choice right now is Nivea Sensitive, I really like it a lot...I think the Germans have post-shave care down to a science.

Last edited:
I just realized that speick has alum as an
ingredient for its splash.

What a great splash. Alum and witch hazel with menthol too.

Top Bottom