What's new

I Need Your Opinions

If one had to choose between two pens, which would you choose?

1) Nakaya Twisted Decapod

Or

2) Visconti Homo Sapiens Steel

I have only used the Visconti ... never held the Nakaya. So I cannot help you, but I loved the feel of the Visconti.

Um, ok. Clearly Nakaya wins. For what it's worth, I would buy the Visconti. As far as I know the Nakaya is a converter filler, and that's a deal breaker for me. For the most part you're paying for the craftsmanship of the body of the pen, special finishes and all that. Totally cool, but not my thing.

I don't use converters, I basically reject them as "real" fountain pens :001_smile. No offense! I think of all the manufacturers, Visconti is leading the pack in innovation. While all others are plugging converters in a body, or relying on filling systems engineered long ago, Visconti is pushing fountain pens forward. So I think a lot of the company.

That said, I sold my Homo Sapiens Steel, but not because it was a bad pen. Like with my shaving stuff, I found a sweet spot and have consolidated.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
This isn't "Mary Anne or Ginger?"

... this is "Mary Anne or Skipper?"

:blink:

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

See, I think Nakayas are incredibly overblown and overpriced "pens". I've handled a Nakaya and a HS and I would definitely buy the HS, if I were deciding between those two (but otherwise I wouldn't buy either).

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
I think both are a little over the top. Also for me, I use and carry my pens everywhere and these just don't serve my particular purpose well.

I wanted to say HS just to be different. I googled Nakaya decapod just to see it. The Nakaya, hands down

Have you ever held the HS in your fingers? The lava stone feels amazing.

As said above, I cannot give a recommendation, because I never held the Nakaya. But recommending pens from a picture is a risky thing, in my opinion.

If you don't care about the fact that it's a converter filler then go for Nakaya. It's a looker of a brand. But I can definitely see how some would find them overpriced for what they are.

Top Bottom