What's new

I made my own water

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Recently I was diagnosed with bone spurs in my neck. They are not painful in the neck area but are wreaking havoc in the upper back, left shoulder across my chest, head and face. I'm not a candidate for surgery right now. Besides a conservative treatment is in order first. Age along with too much calcium with a deficiency in magnesium are most likely the culprit (the two are very important together). To combat this, I've learned that and an alkaline diet with alkaline water can help.

I'm not looking for you to give me medical advice at all...I've got that. I'm just sharing with you a way to hydrate yourself with a super-water recipe using a few ordinary household items. The supermarket has it available for a total fortune, so I made my own. Sip on this all day for chain-lightning refreshment.

Alkaline Super-Water

1 Liter of Club Soda
3 Tablespoons of regular Phillips of Magnesia (yeah I know jsut trust me)
Distilled or filtered water
Lemons (optional)
A pinch of sea salt (optional)
Apple Cider Vinegar - with the mother (optional)
Tea bags (optional)

Put club soda bottle into frig for one hour. Then, put 3 tablesooons of MOM into the Club soda and give it a good shake. This will not explode. The MOM will dissolve and transform into Magnesium Bicarbonate. Place back into frig for another 20 minutes. Give another shake. You will notice the plastic bottle will suck into itself. Now you have a concentrate that will give you many glasses of super-water. I mix 1 ounce of concentrate to 10 oz's of distilled or filtered water. Or, you can make up a big jug of water, add your concentrate (you do the math), throw in some lemons, a pinch of sea salt (for the the minerals) and some other things like Apple Cider Vinegar and organic tea like Jasmine or whatever is your favorite. I just made a big jug of super-water sun tea with lemons. I added a little mint too.

I think it will help. :biggrin1:

Thanks Aaron! I always wonder about holistic remedies or just simple ways to maintain health. As a society we are always to willing to jump to a pill or surgery when we ultimately have the cure ourselves at our fingertips.

Thanks for sharing Aaron. I'm interested to hear how this turns out.

I've read before that the lemon juice and vinegar is good stuff to get into one's system.

By the way, what is the brand name stuff that is available at the store (just curious).

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Thanks Aaron! I always wonder about holistic remedies or just simple ways to maintain health. As a society we are always to willing to jump to a pill or surgery when we ultimately have the cure ourselves at our fingertips.

+1 Something simple like eating the right kinds of oils instead of the overly processed ones is another thing I'm changing.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Thanks for sharing Aaron. I'm interested to hear how this turns out.

I've read before that the lemon juice and vinegar is good stuff to get into one's system.

By the way, what is the brand name stuff that is available at the store (just curious).

Good question, I'll need to get back to on that. It's top shelf water.:glare:

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
It's top shelf water.:glare:

Is that the double, triple ozone and UV filtered, blessed by the Pope, two Rabbis, a Medicine Man, and Madonna stuff?

Haven't heard of making your own mineral water, interesting...the closest I get to that is the quinine in a gin and tonic. I hope that, and a little change to your diet helps.

Since I'm on a well, with the geology around here I'm sure I'm getting plenty of iron. Maybe that's why I'm starting to rust.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Is that the double, triple ozone and UV filtered, blessed by the Pope, two Rabbis, a Medicine Man, and Madonna stuff?

Haven't heard of making your own mineral water, interesting...the closest I get to that is the quinine in a gin and tonic. I hope that, and a little change to your diet helps.

Since I'm on a well, with the geology around here I'm sure I'm getting plenty of iron. Maybe that's why I'm starting to rust.
Ha, ha...yep that's the stuff. Mineral water is a little different. This one has no fizz.

club soda and milk of magnesia is also used for preserving newsprint

interesting.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
What exactly is the idea behind this "Super Water"? Does it hydrate you better than natural water?

Better hydration? No. But if you a deficiency in magnesium then possibly yes. I'm still reading up on it. My Doctor says that with bone spurs there is usually a chemical imbalance...normally minerals like Magnesium. He says, Magnesium Bicarbonate liquid is the best way to absorb magnesium other than with an IV.

Just as an aside:

Lemons are great for alkalizing your body chemistry. For one, cancer cells thrive in an acidic environment, and many people, due to their poor diet, have acidic body chemistry. This can be rectified with the juice from two freshly squeezed lemons per day. While the lemons are acidic, they become alkalizing when metabolized. The only caveat is that lemon juice can damage tooth enamel. So mix the lemon juice with cold water (acid is less reactive cold) and drink with a straw. 1 part lemon juice to 10 parts water is about right. You cannot bottled lemon juice, because freshly squeezed lemon juice undergoes rapid oxidation in contact with air after getting squeezed. Squeeze, mix with water, drink right away.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
[MENTION=83342]DoctorShavegood[/MENTION]. Good stuff, does it taste ok? The mint is fresh from your garden, right?

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
This is not exactly a Mess Hall topic . . . but us Emeritus Moderator guys can't move things.

There are many things that can't hurt. I have a water Ionizer. Probably better for me that I drink 16oz of water in the morning that it being ionized . . . kombucha tea sound good.

The three filters before the ionizer do make good water for coffee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom