What's new

I Hate Small Watches

They look old-fashion. They are hard to see and read. They look like girl watches. I am sure they're proportional to, well, size.

JK... but seeing the "I hate large watches" thread I couldn't resist. :lol:

Space_Cadet

I don't have a funny description.
There's that old-world magic, refinement and debonair in small watches. There's something aristocratic and reserved to them. It shows fine taste.
A big watch says: "I'm DA MAN", a small watch says: "I am a gentleman".

Last edited:
or if you have watches in both small and large sizes and in multiple quantities then you announce yourself as insane!:w00t:
$10.22.2014 Titus.jpg 38mm $10-10-2014.1.jpg48 mm

I still say that the big watches are bought by guys compensating for other deficiencies. Small watches are fine for me. :lol:

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
proxy.php

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

proxy.php

... at last, a Homie who can do it right, like the Flave!!

Is this a multi-timezone guy or someone who is worried about battery failure? I would like to ask him which timekeeper he relies on the most. :)

Buckminster Fuller, "inventor" of Geodesic domes famously wore 3 watches when traveling; one for the current zone, one for the zone he had departed, and one for the zone he was going to. ....if only he had a GMT dive watch he could have managed it all on a single watch.

Is this a multi-timezone guy or someone who is worried about battery failure? I would like to ask him which timekeeper he relies on the most. :)

Buckminster Fuller, "inventor" of Geodesic domes famously wore 3 watches when traveling; one for the current zone, one for the zone he had departed, and one for the zone he was going to. ....if only he had a GMT dive watch he could have managed it all on a single watch.

Or a smartphone.

I too hate small watches! They just look funny on me. As a larger individual 6'3", big boned and a husky chap, I usually wear an Eco-Drive 48mm and it looks pretty normal size on me.

Or a smartphone.

He lived before the smartphone era and probably traveled a lot before the first GMT watch was produced, so neither was an option. He appeared to be an eccentric guy....as someone capable of being president of Mensa he could have certainly done a simple timezone calculation in his head.

What about medium sized... small watches are just.. small, and large watches can be ridiculous, I find that walking in a store and looking at watches, the larger they are, the cheaper they look, and the shinier they are, the more they look like a pimp's outfit accessory.

I used to be unfashionable for men to wear watches at all. When they first started, small watches were the norm. Then they grew. My sweet spot is 40mm-42mm. I can wear bigger, but don't.

Top Bottom