What's new

I found a glass Vegetal bottle!

I'll also point out that the footage from the Kanpur event pictured above PROVES that The Vege smells like neither cat **** nor skunk spray. Skunk spray is grey, not green (I have a vial I use in the field during hunting season), and Penelope Pussycat would love the smell of cat ****.

Ahhh, I never noticed that Pepe' has so obviously doused himself with the green goodness of The Vege. Unfortunately, la belle femme skunk fatale appears to be another one of the unfortunate Unchosen.

The microwave method worked well, thanks. Here's the result:
View attachment 1726690

Now I'll head out to the garage and crack open the fresh durian I have in the freezer!
Why am I not surprised that you like durian?

Why am I not surprised that you like durian?
Why am I not surprised that you don't? Ahh, yes, again... one of the unfortunate Unchosen!

Just kidding. I haven't really learned to like durian yet; I love the idea of it and I keep trying every so often but it still smells like unwashed nether regions.

Last edited:
Why am I not surprised that you don't? Ahh, yes, again... one of the unfortunate Unchosen!

Just kidding. I haven't really learned to like durian yet; I love the idea of it and I keep trying every so often but it still smells like unwashed nether regions.
I gave up trying. It no longer smells like a dead cat, but still pretty bad. However, the taste is just plain awful! Jack fruit, on the other hand, is pretty good.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Skunk spray is grey, not green (I have a vial I use in the field during hunting season)

1696313773011.png

"Shh ... be vewwy vewwy smewwy ..."

I gave up trying. It no longer smells like a dead cat, but still pretty bad. However, the taste is just plain awful! Jack fruit, on the other hand, is pretty good.
Jack fruit is great, very easy to like. Durian not so much, but friends who've spent time in SE Asia tell me that the ones we get in the States are very inferior. If I hold my nose for the first few sips of a durian shake I can power through until it's tolerable, and behind the aromas of garlic and my wife's aged sweaty underwear I can tell that a good one would be totally amazing.

A while back I stumbled upon the blog of a woman in the Philippines, a durian enthusiast who said that one of the ways she judged a man's potential as a date was the way he ate a durian: if he dove in with gusto, she knew he'd treat her very, very well.

Jack fruit is great, very easy to like. Durian not so much, but friends who've spent time in SE Asia tell me that the ones we get in the States are very inferior. If I hold my nose for the first few sips of a durian shake I can power through until it's tolerable, and behind the aromas of garlic and my wife's aged sweaty underwear I can tell that a good one would be totally amazing.

A while back I stumbled upon the blog of a woman in the Philippines, a durian enthusiast who said that one of the ways she judged a man's potential as a date was the way he ate a durian: if he dove in with gusto, she knew he'd treat her very, very well.
About 50% of people can't stand durian and about 50% love them or at least tolerate them. I believe it is genetic. I can't stand them. I would also disagree with that woman. Any man who would eat that rotten flesh with gusto would treat her the same way and not provide the best to her. I mean, give her road kill or give her Channel.

Very nice. I’ve also gone down the path of sourcing a few Pinaud bottles for the versions I like to keep on hand - Lilac Vegetal, Clubman, Bay Rum, and Lime Sec. It seems that the older cork-topped versions are pretty easy to come by but the screw-top ones are substantially more difficult.

Very nice. I’ve also gone down the path of sourcing a few Pinaud bottles for the versions I like to keep on hand - Lilac Vegetal, Clubman, Bay Rum, and Lime Sec. It seems that the older cork-topped versions are pretty easy to come by but the screw-top ones are substantially more difficult.

What is often referred to as a “cork-top” bottle was never actually a corked bottle.

They had metal tops, with threaded reducers that had little threaded caps.

I’ve nabbed several bottles over the last couple years and only managed to find 2 with anything surviving that resembles a cap.

These are the really old bottles which come from a time where trash that couldn’t be burned was often buried, and the majority of the time the metal caps gave up the ghost.

Here’s some pics of the two I have that survived, though the years haven’t been kind.

1696804473523.jpeg

1696804513383.jpeg

1696804529132.jpeg

1696804545154.jpeg

1696804580974.jpeg

Top Bottom