What's new

I found a glass Vegetal bottle!

I don't post here much, but I've been looking for a glass Vegetal bottle for a long time and think I found one today. Looks like it'll hold about a pint. Now I'm gonna write the company to see if I can get them to mail a couple of labels to me. If not, I'll try soaking what I have in warm water to try to transfer them.

TheVege.jpg

If they won’t send you a Lilac Vegetal label you could print this picture out instead and stick it on the bottle.

View attachment 1722335
Oh, that's GREAT! Seriously, I'm laughing my *** off...

Here's the email I just sent them, if this doesn't work then nothing will:

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am one of The Chosen: I love Lilac Vegetal, my wife loves Lilac Vegetal, and of all of my small collection of aftershaves Lilac Vegetal is the one I use the most. It's my favorite.

I have a select collection of shaving accoutrements, and resist the urge to collect more but one thing that I've been seeking for years is an old GLASS Vegetal bottle. Just because. And today I found one, a very nice large bottle that looks like it'll hold about sixteen ounces, with the original green cap. I am happy.

Unfortunately, it has no labels. Which makes me sad. This glorious, elegant bottle deserves to have labels, good clean crisp labels that match the good, clean crisp aroma of the elixir within. Would it be possible for me to purchase a pair of labels for it, so that I don't have to sully it with ones that are stained and misshapen from whatever method I'd use to soak them off of a different bottle?

I appreciate any consideration that you can provide, and thank you for your attention.

Yours,

Time will tell.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
If all else fails, you can fill the empty plastic bottle with water and heat the bottle in the microwave for very small increments of time. USE EXTREME CAUTION. The label will peel right off, and have enough adhesive to stick to the glass bottle.
I have done a similar method, simply filling the bottle with VERY hot tap water (not boiling) after a few minutes, the glue softens enough to peel the label and afix it to the new bottle.

You'll probably want to purchase the larger LV bottle so you'll have a larger label. The label on the 6oz plastic bottle in your photo is small, but if you use a 12oz donor bottle you'll have a larger label.

Please let us know the reply to your email.
@chilehed have you received a response from Pinaud yet. Hopefully they oblige!

Bummer, but not unexpected:

Thank you for reaching out to Clubman.
We appreciate your feedback and love for our product.
Unfortunately, we cannot send copies of labels.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
If you have any further questions or concerns, please let us know.

Thank you,
Jessica
But I do have a fresh 12 oz bottle to decant into it, so I'll try the microwave method of removing the label. Someone made a very kind offer to trade my bottle for one he has with an original label, but I'm not concerned about maintaining an original patina so...

Chernobyl started because someone dropped a bottle of Clubman Vegetal. Kanpur, India is currently experiencing the world's worst air pollution because a barber opened a bottle and used it on a customer. Here is an actual picture of the event.
looney tunes dancing GIF by Looney Tunes World of Mayhem

Bummer, but not unexpected:
Thank you for reaching out to Clubman.​
We appreciate your feedback and love for our product.​
Unfortunately, we cannot send copies of labels.​
We apologize for the inconvenience.​
If you have any further questions or concerns, please let us know.​
Thank you,​
Jessica​
But I do have a fresh 12 oz bottle to decant into it, so I'll try the microwave method of removing the label. Someone made a very kind offer to trade my bottle for one he has with an original label, but I'm not concerned about maintaining an original patina so...
I had a hunch that was going to be the response.

Chernobyl started because someone dropped a bottle of Clubman Vegetal. Kanpur, India is currently experiencing the world's worst air pollution because a barber opened a bottle and used it on a customer. Here is an actual picture of the event.
looney tunes dancing GIF by Looney Tunes World of Mayhem
Ahhh, I never noticed that Pepe' has so obviously doused himself with the green goodness of The Vege. Unfortunately, la belle femme skunk fatale appears to be another one of the unfortunate Unchosen.

The microwave method worked well, thanks. Here's the result:
TheVege.jpg

Now I'll head out to the garage and crack open the fresh durian I have in the freezer!

Top Bottom