What's new

I found a dead Badger

For a whole badger you are going to need to work quickly. Dry, hollow out and varnish a small stump. Put about a gallon of marine epoxy in the bottom of the hole. Press the badger in head first. Once the epoxy has dried, you'll be ready to lather up. Make sure your buddy stays around. It might not be hard to lift your new brush but it's going to take some doing to swirl that bad boy around on the puck of soap.

I was thinking you just put a stick in one end. The drip stand would be pretty big though.

I just can't stop laughing when I enter into this thread!

I see dead badgers!

proxy.php

:laugh::lol::laugh::lol::laugh::lol::laugh::lol::laugh::lol::laugh::lol:

I'm sorry for laughing...But this was possibly the most funny post I have read this week lol. "I now have a badger so how do I make a shaving brush?" Priceless my friend. But as Jim asked...Have you ever skinned an animal (it is not for the faint hearted)? If not you might see if there is a place around that would do it for you. The hair in brushes is treated with certain processes (that I personally know nothing about) and it is probably quite a bit of effort, might not be worth trying to go from animal to brush?

If the animal isn't too decomposed or bloody...Or it wasn't super brutal I would love to see a picture and something next to it to compare the size. Never seen a real badger (other than on TV of course).
I have to agree with Panda!!!! When I first read the beginning of your thread.............I spit coffee from one side of the computer room to the other!!!!!!:lol:..That has got to be one of the funnest things I \'ve read in a long time!!!!!!!!!!..........JR
Bless your heart, and thank you ever so much for posting................

Last edited:
Hang the badger up and skin it. Stretch the hide over a 44 gallon drum and flesh it as well as possible. Rub lots of salt into the flesh side and let it dry. This should prevent it rotting and buy you time to work out what to do next.

I have no idea how to dispose of a skinned badger. Don't even ask.
Legion Is telling you correct, It will save the hide till you figure it out, have you checked th WIKI?............JR

O.M.Gosh - it has taken me 5 minutes to compose myself to respond I was laughing so hard.

Of course the first rule of shaving threads is - pics or it didn't happen - I was surprised it took until around 50 posts for somebody to ask.

To the OP, sorry if we are not responding appropriately to your serious question - please forgive us

To the others who have posted - some of you guys are REALLY funny

+ another for the custom title and honour of thread of the year.

I wonder if we can't get one of the vendors to get on board though and make a series of limited edition B&B road kill brushes - I'd be in for one!!!

Zeeco:

Thanks for posting. That absolutely made my day. Some of our member's comments made it hard to drink my coffee without spraying it all over the computer screen.

THIS POST SCREAMS FOR A CUSTOM TITLE FOR ZEECO!!!! +216

Don

Top Bottom