What's new

Hydrolast Review

I can do a few blade buffing passes after rinsing my face post a third pass with Hyrdolast products and still have enough lubrication (emolients says CAR) in/on my skin to not add anything. Plenty of glide and cushion. But, I wouldn't describe my face as being greasy at that point. It's simply smooth and slippery. I can rinse that off with water when I'm done then do my usual balm routine. All in all, it's a weird, kind of counterintuitive sensation. You think there's nothing left on your face to protect you and yet the razor glides even better than on the passes when you were all lathered up. The stuff really does absorb or coat or something.

After I am using enough product to ensure I can pass as many times as needed to get a perfect BBS shave, will my face remain greasy? or?

Let me be more specific: After you are done shaving, are those products leaving your face greasy? Or does a simple soap/water rinse make your face feel normal/not greasy?

PS, to my other comments: I think one can get a wonderful, smooth, satisfying BBS shave using many, many different products -- HW & SW both. This is just one that can do it. It's not the only one I use. But, for me, it does work.

Also, I have had some nice shaves using Hydrolast with a synthetic Kent Silvertex. I don't love the brush, but it works and I don't worry about the paste or oils in the balm or activator messing up an expensive Simpsons brush.

I have been reading those and I found the same article very insightful, thought the tough of shaving my forehead... I don't want to end up like Harry Potter!!! And speaking of the blogs, he mentions sunscreen. Or is that me hallucinating? I'm interesting in finding out if Hydrolast has any sun scrren-like properties, and if they don't, what would be good ones to try. I look young as it is, but I want to be in my 80's and look 40!:001_tt2:

I like Keil's sunscreen. They have a SPF 15 and a 50. Both have a moisturizer as well. I also use their Face Fuel Cleanser to wash at night and in the morning before I shave.

To ATX the one in the PDX Airport gives airline employees a 20% discount. Just call them up and tell them what you want to order and if it's over $50 free shipping and no tax.

Just tell them what airline you work for.

Sometimes Nordstrom's Rack has some of the travel size bottles on sale as well.

They have a men's travel sampler kit that has a few good items as well.

Top Bottom