What's new

Howdy from NJ: a little scuttlebut and a Simpsons vintage in need of restoration

Still kind of new here. A few photos from my modest den.

Looking for advice on restoring that butterscotch brush. It sat in my basement for 17 years, inherited from a departed in-law who probably inherited it from my wife's grandfather. Signed Hoffritz on the holder, but there's still a faded Simpsons decal on the brush handle. Shedding/well-shedded Best.

The scuttle has a before-the-shave face on one side and a happy after-the-shave face on the other. An eBay find. The mug is from the New York Harvard Club. No, I'm not a member (Claremont McKenna College and grad school at NYU for me). The mug came from the same in-law who was doing work on the exterior club's building. Everyday, someone who hand him a mug of coffee. I've scrounged up a four-piece set of these with saucers for dining use, but this one is for shaving.

The other brushes are an Omega travel and a Simpsons Classic 2 Best. Razors are a Progress and an 34 HD.

Photos courtesy a Leica M8 and 90/4 Elmarit.

$11466159665_dea5654b12_c.jpg

$11466163425_1ede5767c7_b.jpg

focus, dummy.... aging eyesight....
$11466161435_66a067dc68_z.jpg

I just ordered a Simpson P8 Phyl limited edition from that "other" shaving site.

Alex, thanks for that link.

Is that No. 8 yours?

Coyotewhisper, thanks for the welcome. (welcome for the thanks?!?)

Top Bottom