What's new

How to say it’s a bad or cheap aftershave without saying it’s a cheap or bad aftershave

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Aftershave splashes or mild colognes is a personal experience if you enjoy the scents it offers is the way I look at them. I like to use a aftershave when my shave is done and then completed with a scentless balm. If you can find a aftershave that is inexpensive and you like it + the wife or girlfriend likes it consider it a win win.
I never used aftershaves for many years and now I like the scents and face feel they can offer.

Do you mean it's bad because it's sold by the gallon? Usually the gallons are sold to barber shops since they probably use a lot of it.

Some of the barbershop classic aftershaves like Gabel's or Stephan are sold in gallons (I bought the pint bottles to try them out, though). Overall, I think aftershaves like Gabel's Bay Rum and Sta-Cool are just fine.

I like cheap aftershaves. Especially ones from the mediterannean. They have a proustian effect, taking me back to sun-drenched patios, dusty parks with palm trees and shaded fountains, or crowded bars where the patrons spill out into the night on narrow, cobbled streets. The aroma was a combination of cheap aftershave, tobacco, seafood and sometimes a hint of incense drifting by from the open door of a nearby church where evening mass had just concluded.

Unfortunately, it's the traditional aftershaves which are becoming the missing piece of that unique, accidental accord. Young people don't want to smell like grandpa. I like to do my part to ensure they don't disappear completely!

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
One man’s trash is another man’s treasure.

I am the Will Rogers of aftershaves because, “I have never met an aftershave I didn’t like.” :)

While I never have gotten along with Pinaud Lilac Vegetal, I consider the fact that it didn’t choose me; not that I didn’t like it. :)

Top Bottom