What's new

How to adjust image size in a post

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Recently a member asked
This picture is only about 3.5 inches tall on the Amazon site, but when I link it here it grows to this massive size.
Is it possible to keep it small?

proxy.php

I will explain below how you can resize either linked or attached pics in your post.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
THE EASY WAY

You can use the following easy method with either uploaded or linked images!

If you are uploading a pic directly to the post using the pic insert button as shown by the red arrow below

1.jpg

Once your picture is uploaded, or you have inserted the link, you can approach this two easy ways -
First, click on the picture you uploaded. You will note four black squares, one in each corner.
Simply drag one corner inwards towards the center of the pic, and it will be resized.

2.jpg

You can also click the "resize" button on the pop up menu

3.jpg

Doing so opens a dialogue box where you can change the picture size by entering the width and height you want.
Suggest changing one and leaving the other as "auto" so your aspect ratio remains the same.

4.jpg

Last edited:

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
THE HARD WAY

If you make such a post with a link to an image on another site, and view your post in BBCode, it is quite easy to change the image size.

First, let's get to BBCode
In the reply or start a thread text box, you will find two square brackets as shown by the red arrow below. Clicking this will show your message in BBCode
View attachment 1717765

You will note in BBCode that the code for this linked image is

(IMG width="250px"]https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/61gMRUnmybL._AC_SY879_.jpg[/IMG]
[/QUOTE)
I have replaced the first and last square bracket with parenthesis so it will show up.
This also works with links to pics in your B&B Media Gallery
Note that the image size is listed as 250px wide.
Just change this to a lower number to reduce the size. For instance, below you will see the image at 250px and where I changed the number to 25px wide.

proxy.php
proxy.php

Do this after you have made your post but before you click "post reply".
Remember - if you post reply before doing the editing, you have a very short window of time to edit the message.
ALSO - REMEMBER TO TOGGLE THE BBCODE "OFF" WHEN YOU ARE DONE SO YOU HAVE NORMAL EDITING ICONS

Last edited:

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
This should be a sticky, Phil. Great tutorial.
It's part of the B&B Tips and Tricks sticky here:

Top Bottom