What's new

How much is too much?

Think of how close you are comfortable standing to an ordinary guy. Think of how close you are wanting to get to a person in whom you have romantic interest. Your scent should reach the latter, but not the former.

If i can smell it and your not sitting in my lap it's too much. I'll add i have no interest in having you sit in my lap.

dave

Outside of work I'm not as bad, at work I splash it on like it's bath water! There's far too many people who seem to enjoy their 'natural scent', so this is my way of masking that around myself.

I have to say I'm nose blind much of the time. Can't tell if I smell great or maybe a bit, well, funky. So I go a bit strong. I made the mistake of wearing a bit much with the Platinum at work and won't make that mistake again!

Just enough to lightly cover the shaved area. I typically pour about a half-teaspoon into the palm of my hand, rub both palms together, then apply that to my face and neck. If in doubt, I think it's better to use less rather than more. It's usually good if people standing directly in front of you or beside you get a subtle whiff, but you do not want to be known as THAT GUY, the one who knocks people over from across the room after bathing in aftershave.

Fill the palm of your hand, splash it on, smell like a man.
Nobody has ever said it was too strong, at least not to my face.
I only use AS, no EDT/cologne... and I haven't tried the Fine products yet either.

I love the Fine products and upon first application it can seem strong to those who are nearby. After about an hour the scent will mellow out. I get compliments all day long though when I wear the Fine products. By the way...I fill the center of my hand with AS, pour into other hand from the first hand and then apply to face. Once I get dressed have breakfast and the such, I do a second application.

Yes, I am that guy!

One must learn this lesson the hard way.

I cleared out three church pews around me wearing a two palm fulls of musgo. :blush: It happens.

Who knew it could be that strong in a closed up hot small room? People were physically squirming to get distance from me.

Top Bottom