What's new

How many straight razors do you commonly shave with?

I have a few straights and others have more and some have less. :) How many straights do you commonly shave with?

I don't mean how many have you ever shaved with? You probably have shaved with all you own at some point but if you have very many you probably don't shave with them all on a regular basis.

Unless I'm honing and testing out something about a razor I tend to most commonly shave with 3 razors. That's mainly because I have three razors that are 6/8 with round tips (my preferred type of straight).

Sometimes I'll just use one for a long period of type.

I'm curious if most of you just use 1 regardless of how many you have, do you use a small group or do you just rotate though every razor that you own?

I don't know how exactly many straight razors I've got, but my rotation includes about 60 of them. Variation is the spice of life. I just love to be able to pick any grinding and type of steel I feel for there and then. On the other hand I never have more than three soaps in my rotation. People are different.

Depending on how sharp they are sence i dont hone yet. I got two at the moment i use. But i got three more on the way back to me that were just honed. Then it will be those three.
Only 3 soaps? Well i can bet they are the best in soaps. I got a bunch of soaps and cant keep track of them yet.

Depending on how sharp they are sence i dont hone yet. I got two at the moment i use. But i got three more on the way back to me that were just honed. Then it will be those three.
Only 3 soaps? Well i can bet they are the best in soaps. I got a bunch of soaps and cant keep track of them yet.
One or two of the soaps are always old favourites, but at least one is always new to me. There's usually at least one sandalwood scented soap among them.

+1 to what [MENTION=44174]Doc226[/MENTION] said. I have a lot for straights, and a lot of DEs. I just look at the herd and whichever calls to me the loudest is the one I pick up. Never the same one more than once in a week, a month, even some a year or more.

Just one, my daily shaver. I hone my own, so there is no down time or need for another. One of these days I will get or build a 7 day set and use nothing but that.

One or two of the soaps are always old favourites, but at least one is always new to me. There's usually at least one sandalwood scented soap among them.

I like your thinking on this. Two that are top choices then one just to test now and again. Very simple and smart in my opinion. I hope i can find a couple that i really like soon. Sure would save on space under the cabinet.

And id love t9 find to one razor that works best for me. I can see this taking a while. 5hen buy 6 more of them and be set. Dreaming again.

I've got about 12 straights that I use on a regular basis. I also rotate in one of my many DE and SE razors a couple of times per week. A couple of the straights are about due for a touch up, and I have several more waiting to be honed. I guess, since I'm off this week, it's time to break out the hones.

I use a seven day rotation. I keep track of the number of shaves between honing and using a seven day rotation makes this very easy. I just write down the date that I hone the razor, then the next time it needs honing I just count the weeks.

Top Bottom