What's new

How Many Shaves with Rapira?

I get three to five shaves with most razor blades in my Merkur Slant razor, but with Rapira stainless blades, two is the maximum. What's your mileage with a Rapira blade?

I shave my head and face at the same time. I get 2, sometimes 3 from a swedish supersteel. I think I've only used 1-2 swedes though. I'd have to look at the tuck. Tried using one yesterday and it was getting bitey so i tossed it. I wanna say it was the third shave with it. I changed blades after my 3rd-4th stroke of my first pass. Went to a GSB with 2 shaves on it and it was much better.

I can get 3 good shaves per blade with any of the Rapira blades, including Chrome/Super Stainless, Swedish Supersteel, Platinum Lux, Ladas, Sharp Star and Voskhod - whenever I try to get more than 3 shaves I always end up out of my comfort zone

Great timing on this thread, I used a swede this week and got a good comfortable shave. Shave number 2 was awful, tugging painful, everything you don't want. Never seen such a rapid drop and I'm generally wondering if my blades are actually done when I retire them. There was no question this blade was done after just 1 use. Maybe it was a defective blade?

My experience is:

Voskhod, ladas - 2 shaves
Swedish supersteel - 1 shave (max - sometimes not even that - horrible blade).
Platinum lux - I am working on 6th shave on one at the moment but it's definitely fading. really good blade.

I have yet to try sharp stars and rapira chrome. I have both to try.

All the Rapira blades give me 3 excellent shaves. The 4th and 5th can get a little dicey, but I usually bail on them by the 5th shave because they're cheap.

That being said, I'm currently trying to one-blade February a Voskhod and I usually ditch those after 3 and I'm up to 6, so I'm starting to live dangerously.

Top Bottom