What's new

How does one become a mexican food reviewer?

From what I've seen over the years, the Mods are carefully selected.
The stewards on the other hand.... well.... :laugh:
I do know that hanging around for a long time isn't the answer.
Having several thousand posts and only a few of them useful isn't the answer.
You need to contribute to the forums and uphold the mission statement.

But first, you have to find out what exactly that means.

If you love B&B then you'll know that it is an honour to be selected.
You'll also know that they put in a lot of work to keep this place running.

I've been behind the scenes in other places years ago when I did some online gaming and I know how hard it is to keep the peace.

Mods and stewards like to have fun and don't mind being ribbed once and a while, but their actions don't deserve to be criticized. It's never easy when you have the top down view.

Somehow during this post I climbed up on a soap box. I'm done. I'll get off it now. :001_smile

I imagine being recognized for spending excessive time here is bittersweet at best. The rest of us can still wallow happily in denial.

I picture the Mods are in a dimly lit Command Center that somewhat resembles a cross between an air traffic control tower, and Mission Control at Houston back in the Appollo mission glory days.

There is always a hum of constant moderating going on, Spam being deleted, BST corraling, etc....
Hey, you've been there? If you noticed the guys scurrying around, serving drinks and snacks and cleaning up and doing any other menial tasks assigned, that was us stewards.
How do you become a steward?

First you have to go down 'the crossroad at midnight, with a bottle of Jack Daniels and your guitar...
...this is one way.....
The way to become a Mod/Stew is the same way you get to Carnegie Hall...
....yes, you turn right at New Jersey....
From what I've seen over the years, the Mods are carefully selected.
The stewards on the other hand.... well.... :laugh:
I do know that hanging around for a long time isn't the answer.
Having several thousand posts and only a few of them useful isn't the answer.
You need to contribute to the forums and uphold the mission statement.

But first, you have to find out what exactly that means.

If you love B&B then you'll know that it is an honour to be selected.
You'll also know that they put in a lot of work to keep this place running.

I've been behind the scenes in other places years ago when I did some online gaming and I know how hard it is to keep the peace.

Mods and stewards like to have fun and don't mind being ribbed once and a while, but their actions don't deserve to be criticized. It's never easy when you have the top down view.

Somehow during this post I climbed up on a soap box. I'm done. I'll get off it now. :001_smile
....no, it's not like this at all....
I had to send fruit baskets...
....It's more like this.

And mostly, you have to say "yes" when asked. :thumbup1:

It is a complex sytem that combines nepotism, graft, outright extortion, a desire to be #1, blackmail, the dewey decimal sytem, and a dash of desire to help out with keepin tabs on the forum's best interests...

Damn... I'm down with all that other stuff but I never could figure out the dewey decimal system!:lol:

I'm a Moderator on another vBulletin forum, and I was a SysOp back in the pre-Internet days of FidoNet, running a dial-up Opus board.

Its a LOT of work, and not for the faint hearted. The stuff that goes on backstage would probably blow your mind.
Ha! I also ran a FidoNet BBS.

Ok so apparently it doesn't have anything to do with your involvement in the B&B community but rather your ability to do labour and/or provide gifts for the existing mods.

I should have known. :001_rolle

I'm just gonna stay out of this. I don't do windows.

List of potential mods:

dpm802
chimensch
stobes21
maxman
csmorris
jakespoppy
GreekGuy

:lol:

I fixed your post. Note, in my modesty I added myself to the bottom of the list

PS I do windows and vacuum car carpeting :biggrin1:

Last edited:
unless it involves occasionally thoughtless and inflammatory comments on serious subjects and starting threads that nobody reads I fear I may have to remain among the proles

Top Bottom