What's new

How do you splash...an aftershave splash?

Atomizers are the way to go. You can put it where you want and there's very little wasted. Sally's, Bed&Bath and others sell the sprayers.

Sally Beauty has a nice mini spray bottle set that will let you keep various AS near at hand. You can store the big bottles out of the way.

Nice!

Do you spray directly to your face, or to your hands and then face?

I pour some in my hand, throw it into the air and turn my face to the ceiling and let it gently rain down upon me. :lol::lol:

I find I get a certain satisfaction out of splashing with my hands. It's probably psychological, but it just feels right doing it that way. I use Timmy's method, as explained at the beginning of the thread. I don't find there's much waste involved, no more than with, say, applying an a/s balm with one's hands. I'm not sure a spray top would help all that much, actually, since after you spray it on your face, you'll probably want to use your hands to spread it around and get uniform coverage, which pretty much puts you in the same boat as if you'd just used your hands to begin with. A cotton ball will absorb and potentially hold on to more product than your hands will. My recommendation is to just use your hands and stop worrying about it. Personally, I think you're overthinking this, but then I know I have my own areas where I'm super picky, too. I hope you find a method that works for you.

EDIT:
Holy overthinking things Batman!

What he said. :wink:

Last edited:
It's probably more economical to use your hands, as they will be less absorbent than a cotton ball, so you'll end up using less.

It's also a good chance to faceturbate and evaluate your shave, too.

LOL:lol::lol::lol: Faceturbate - That should be added to the Wiki!:thumbup:

I do the old small amount in the palm, rub hands together, wet face method.

I use a liquor bottle speed pourer stuck in a bottle of Superior 70 BR and pour out into one hand and apply with that hand and then rub around with both. I apply S70 to rinse off alum bar. I then wipe off S70 with a towel and apply a ASB with my finger tips.

Sting? I live for the sting from freshly applied high-alcohol content AS. If you aint splashing it all over the place you aint havin fun. Like Rick Flair would say, Whooa!

Atomizers are the way to go.

Yep. Travel section (bins) at Walmart, Meijer, etc, sell 2-3 oz spray bottles for under $2 each (8 oz, too, for not much more). They're what I use for all regularly rotated stuff. Saves space on the shelf (main bottles are under the sink), much less wastage, pinpoint application and (my personal kink) I don't want AS scent on my hands. Atomizers are the way to go.

OK, so I tried the CARAM (Cup And Rub And Massage) first.

My impressions are that it is a really nice method but I can't help to feel that my face did not get enough of the nourishing Speick. So I had to CARAM twice.

Next up is the SADOF (Splash Aftershave Directly On Face)

Last edited:
I just pour some onto my cupped hand. Then I rub my other hand with the one containing the aftershave. Then I go to town on my face and chest.

i'll probably get ripped for this, but what i do is use my mug and brush, after rinsing both mug and brush, i pour my AS in mug, then "paint" it on, rinse mug/brush again, and enjoy the burn! works for me, guys.

WOW. Sounds like you use a lot. :blink:

OK, so I tried the CARAM (Cup And Rub And Massage) first.

My impressions are that it is a really nice method but I can't help to feel that my face did not get enough of the nourishing Speick. So I had to CARAM twice.

Next up is the SADOF (Splash Aftershave Directly On Face)

Try it, you'll like it. :biggrin1:

Top Bottom