What's new

How do you splash...an aftershave splash?

I don't see a problem with it - but you are still leaving some on the cotton ball. Are you plugging the hole with your finger before tipping and only letting out a little bit? If not, I could see you not wanting to upend the bottle into your palm.

Hmm, no the small opening in the Speick bottle make the flow self regulate. But the flow is slow, so I over compensate by shaking the bottle a bit.

Now I'm sure that you would be better off using balms. You will waste very little.

Thanks for your suggestion xriley. I so use balms as well, but I already bought me some splashes and just experimenting a bit.

Has anyone tried spraying on aftershave with an atomizer of some kind?

Another excellent idea mate! Never tried that myself but the only reason I would be slightly concerned is not to get some into my eyes. Unless the spray stream is narrow and focused and sprayed at a short distance.

In fact, if you keep your spray bottle in the fridge then this is one hack of a refreshing spray.

Last edited:
Yeah, the typical Alcohol / Acetylsalicyclic Acid (aspirin) preparation. How did that work for you?

You know that there is a recipe out-there to make your own.

Haven't even tried it since I picked up a DE and brush/soap. It used to burn like hell (and dry out my skin) but then again my method was amazingly bad... I'd only shave twice a week... so with 3 or 4 days of growth, I'd just mow it down ATG with a fusion. Scary I know. I'll probably try it out again if only to confirm for myself that my skin is much less raw with my current methods (and I can shave every day)

FWIW, here's what I (a charter member of Team Cheapskate) have come up with to not waste AS: I decant my splashes into atomizers that I picked up from Sally Beauty for about $2.00 apiece.

Spritz the AS onto my face

Rub in with my hands

BINGO! No spillage, no waste, and plenty of AS in all the right places.:thumbup: They also look pretty all lined up in my shave den.:001_rolle

You only need a little tiny bit really. Just get barely any in one hand, rub your hand together, and then rub your hands all over your face. Works for me!

Am I the only one (other than my father who I guess I leaned this from when watching as a kid) that puts it directly from bottle to face and then distributes it then?

Put the bottle on my cheek...the other one, under my lower lip and then once or twice on my neck...then spread it out by hand? Only a drop comes out...the side of the hole in the bottle.

Coverage is fine, none wasted, doesn't load me up like smell like you're probably thinking...only one hand smells like aftershave. :laugh:

Here I thought everyone did it like this. I've never poured it into my hand...it goes right on the face. :confused1

I pour it in one hand, clasp the other on top, then splash on cheeks and then on neck, followed by patting it around. I haven't noticed any waste :001_smile

i'll probably get ripped for this, but what i do is use my mug and brush, after rinsing both mug and brush, i pour my AS in mug, then "paint" it on, rinse mug/brush again, and enjoy the burn! works for me, guys.

Only problem I have found with the atomizers is that you can easily spray on too much so that anyone in the nearby area (read SWMBO) starts to gag from the overpowering scent ;)

SeanMcKay

FWIW, here's what I (a charter member of Team Cheapskate) have come up with to not waste AS: I decant my splashes into atomizers that I picked up from Sally Beauty for about $2.00 apiece.

Spritz the AS onto my face

Rub in with my hands

BINGO! No spillage, no waste, and plenty of AS in all the right places.:thumbup: They also look pretty all lined up in my shave den.:001_rolle

Atomizers are the way to go. You can put it where you want and there's very little wasted. Sally's, Bed&Bath and others sell the sprayers.

Sally Beauty has a nice mini spray bottle set that will let you keep various AS near at hand. You can store the big bottles out of the way.

Top Bottom