What's new

How do you grip your razor?

I never really pay attention to how I am holding it. I just make sure the finger pads of my first two fingers and thumbs are on the knurling. Tmw Morning when I shave, I will pay attention to how I am holding it so I can replicate it for a pic.

I wrote about this some time ago. I have found that using a light grip forces me to keep the pressure on the razor minimal. My father was a very strong individual with an incredible grip. Yet he gripped his DE gently and that's how he taught me to do it. His advice was to treat it gently just as you should treat your sweet heart or wife. :laugh:

I wrote about this some time ago. I have found that using a light grip forces me to keep the pressure on the razor minimal. My father was a very strong individual with an incredible grip. Yet he gripped his DE gently and that's how he taught me to do it. His advice was to treat it gently just as you should treat your sweet heart or wife. :laugh:

Fantastic info, Jim. Thanks so much for sharing this link with us… I hadn't seen that thread before. Very informative.

If your using an English razor, you need to put your little pinky finger in the air, like you're sipping tea. Otherwise it won't respond correctly.
LOL! But how should one hold a German razor? :confused1

The following picture suggests that there must be two ways how to hold a German razor:

$october.jpg

Top Bottom