What's new

How do you do touch ups?

My very first "nice" razor when I got into all this traditional shaving mess was a C&E branded Edwin Jagger ebony handled Mach 3. It was a gift from my wife, and I don't have the heart to ever get rid of it even though I'm done with cartridge shaving for the rest of my life.

So I found a use for it. I normally catch my rough spots as I'm applying my aftershave. When (or if) I find them, I grab the C&E razor and just casually swipe them off. I like that my cartridge razor still has a purpose, and it takes forever to go through blades when used this sparingly.

My very first "nice" razor when I got into all this traditional shaving mess was a C&E branded Edwin Jagger ebony handled Mach 3. It was a gift from my wife, and I don't have the heart to ever get rid of it even though I'm done with cartridge shaving for the rest of my life.

So I found a use for it. I normally catch my rough spots as I'm applying my aftershave. When (or if) I find them, I grab the C&E razor and just casually swipe them off. I like that my cartridge razor still has a purpose, and it takes forever to go through blades when used this sparingly.

This is a good idea

I first learned to shave with a cartridge, then an electric, then finally DE. When I used the electric it would never catch hairs around my neck so I would always have to use a cartridge. I would do it dry and it would never cut me.

So glad those days are over :thumbup:

I too do my touch-up before cleaning up. After my second pass, I wet my hands and wipe the remaining soap around my face; the soap acts as a lubricant for any added pass, I get to 'feel' if there are spots that need additional attention. If so, I deal with it then... If I don't discover until after I have cleaned up.. oh well, I'll get it next time.

save the lather. Either that or just rub the soap directly on the spot and blade off of that. I would recommend j-hooks or buffs, but some are able to do a repeat ATG pass on that area.

For me, two passes is just fine. If I miss something I will get it tomorrow. The only time I try to get a baby bottom smooth shave is if I need to attend a formal event.

Top Bottom