What's new

How do i know if my knife is sharp

hello, how do i know if my knife is sharp enough for a clean shave? I am stropping it before and after each shave

Some people use different tests. Does the razor cut arm hair, gliding above your arm? But if you're shaving comfortably with it, it should be fine.

Some people use different tests. Does the razor cut arm hair, gliding above your arm? But if you're shaving comfortably with it, it should be fine.
Tried cutting arm hair while the knife was above my skin, it shaved

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
For me, if my shave is comfortable and there is no tugging and skin is not irritated after my shave it's sharp enough.
It's like shaving with a DE or Cartridge razor. With a DE when you aren't getting comfortable shaves you changes blades and with the cartridge razors you swap out cartridges.
This morning I was cutting bacon and the knife was not sharp. I was having to "saw" the bacon. I sharpened it real quick and it sliced clean and quick right through the bacon.

That's just how I tell!

I hope not too long winded for ya.

Thanks! My skin is very sesitive atleast on the neck so that was abit irritated but much less irritated then if i use my mach 3 razor

It's probably OK based on what you described. In any event will get better with practice. Irritation on the neck can be caused by technique issues too.

Top Bottom