What's new

How can I talk to a girl at the gym?

Time to introduce yourself. If her fourth and fifth words to you include, "my boyfriend," you have your answer. If they don't, proceed (with caution, of course). lol

Say "hello" and see where it goes from there?

I agree keep it simple. Smile to her and see if she smile back. Then go over an just say "hi my name is john, how are you doing ?"

Before i knew my wife i never over complicated things. Just have a casual chat about anything like what s your favourite exercice / objective and whatnots

Make your move as soon as possible. You will learn soon enough that all women, girls will give you a short window of opportunity. Mark my words, once it closes your done. It's real easy, just say hi and go from there. All this perfect timing advice is blow hardy, life's to short play the odds. Show confidence even if your faking it, who cares. Good luck!

~Royce

Smile be friendly ask how's it going. If she smiles back and gets chatty she's interested. If she forces a smile and says good she's not.

Spot on. It can be hard to put yourself out there, but just be honest and go talk to her. I am in sales and we call your dilemma "call reluctance." As in the Nike commercial, "Just do it." The worst thing that can happen is she says no. She won't shoot you or anything and who doesn't like to be noticed, right?

I met my wife of 29 years on a blind date.

Be optimistic and confident but not cocky and let the chips fall where they may.

Good luck

You are way over thinking it. :blink: You want her to like you. Just be yourself. :thumbup: The best advice I have ever received about being likable was to stop trying to be interesting and start being interested. :001_cool:

My only suggestion would be to remove the shave cream from your eyebrows and face before you do anything. Good luck.

:laugh:!

Slight hijack... THANKS for the good chuckle. It's kind of fun to link the person posting with the avatar!

Really, you've received some great advice here. I'd like to add that no matter what you do, even if it amounts to nothing, this "rejection" you're fearing isn't as bad as your, and a lot of others' imaginations including myself, make it out to be. Remember, she may be just as apprehensive as you in the interacting-with-the-opposite-sex game. It's a part of life.

Generally, people like to be liked. She won't know anything if you don't try. Admitting your nervousness to her might actually be viewed as a charmingly sweet vulnerability. Now get going!

Don

The Key is to make your intentions known without even saying a word.

Textbook example:

Last edited by a moderator:
Smile be friendly ask how's it going. If she smiles back and gets chatty she's interested. If she forces a smile and says good she's not.

I'm much older, and usually don't have issues talking to people particularly ladies. The above quote is good advice and remember that those who don't ask, don't dance

Hey,
You could drop a 10 pound weight on your foot and see if she comes to give aide!

But I would simply talk to her rather than visit an ER with her. YMMV!:thumbup:

Commander Quan

Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Also, how did you meet your wife or partner? Do they have anything to say about my problem at the gym?

I met my wife in a bar on New Years Eve, while wearing a purple cardboard fez. If you approach her without wearing a piece of novelty headgear you've already got more game then me.
Go get her Tiger.

Perhaps hide in her locker. When she goes to get changed and opens her locker introduce yourself.

Best advice here! Guaranteed to get her attention!

Or you could just walk up to her and say hi. If she doesn't do an NFL punter impression between your legs, you are ok.

Top Bottom