What's new

Hot spots

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Okay, this is about cell hot spots on your phone for computer connections. As for cell phones...I've had Sprint for over ten years that got garbled where I'm at, and Verizon that worked good in some places but at home it is always No Service Available. Even the hot spot little thing I got from Verizon for use away from home works okay, kinda sorta, where I use it at but at home it's No Service Available...always. SWMBOs work phone is U.S. Cellular and it works about like Sprint...garbled and drops calls here at home.

I do hate the AT&T company, but I got a Samsung phone with AT&T awhile back. I have no problems with dropped or garbled calls at home, much less no service like with Verizon. It's working good.

It's raining here and I was having problems a bit, quite a bit, with my satellite internet provider, that's supposed to be the latest and greatest. Tried the mobile hot spot on the phone and it worked much better. I tried a speed test to check them both and the satellite connection wouldn't even register on the speed test. The cell phone hot spot did.

I'm wondering if I should just dump the Verizon mobile hot spot gadget, even though I'm about six months from completing the contact, and just increase my AT&T cell phone to unlimited data...pre-paid and no contract. I don't know yet how much unlimited data you can use on the AT&T phone before they start throttling you.

Like I said...I hate the AT&T company (son used to work for DirecTV until they took it over, everyone there quit) but the reception seems to work well...unlike Verizon that claims to be the top dog in rural areas. Verizon lies.

Anyone have any similar experience?

I need to go...storm coming up and I only have 1 gig of data on my cell phone plan. Glad I have a land line phone and am not completely dependent on cell phones.

Last edited:

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Have you contacted your internet supplier, as your dish alignment may be the problem.
I don't believe light rain should effect your signal.

I only hotspot from my phone to my laptop if the power goes out or I'm travelling.
Handy and with 4G I get a good speed.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Have you contacted your internet supplier, as your dish alignment may be the problem.
I don't believe light rain should effect your signal.

I only hotspot from my phone to my laptop if the power goes out or I'm travelling.
Handy and with 4G I get a good speed.

We got a new dish and lines run...this is the same company we had for years they just changed names and upgraded their satellite...and the speed tests go a bit over their claim, on clear days. They said it should work better during clouds and sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. It's the only company that does satellite around here and cable is not available.

Top Bottom