What's new

Hot sauce junkie

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
picked this up today. This is fruity with a mild heat.

$20141221_123105.jpg

$20141221_123450.jpg

My personal favorite right now is Secret Aardvark Habenero sauce from Portland. A good amount of heat, but enough sweetness and flavor to balance it and it's hard to put down. It's in most stores around the northwest and can be bought online I believe now. Really good stuff, i use it on everything these days.
$photo-8.jpg

Last edited:

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I have a question- are red habaneros hotter than orange? If so, I may make two versions of my hot stuff

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Was reading up on how to make hot sauce. A lot of the guys who make it all the time say that it needs to sit in the bottle for two weeks to let the flavors meld together. Makes since.

I just finished making a batch. It made two bottles. I changed up the base recipe somewhat. I added 1/4 of an apple. I used apple cider vinegar instead of white. I also used thai chili's along with the habanero. Rehydrated 1 guajillo chili and broiled half the peppers for a char and added smokiness. The results made me hickup.

That sauce looks good Oregon.

Last edited:

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I mentioned my (great) aunt Celie and Irene. I had a memory in my head about aunt Irene's house. I seem to remember she had a lamp that featured a semi nude sculpture of a woman in a lamp, in which it appeared she was standing in the rain. Thanks to a friend, I found out my memory wasn't bad. I may now have Rain Lamp Acquisition Disorder.

Last edited by a moderator:

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I killed the thread. Come on, that lamp is class. Going to put it next to a velvet painting of Elvis

My wife and I go through a lot of original Frank's Red Hot. I've toned down my passion for the heat over the years--I used to keep a bowl of diced fresh habaneros in the fridge for snacking. I can't do that anymore. But I eat a lot of jalapenos on almost everything.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Keeping the HOT in hot sauce. Pick this up in my travels today. Fire Dragon Chili - Dragons Fury.

80% Chili in this sauce. 10+++/10...........yeah she's hot...............
They state "We use only the most fiery chillies on planet earth in this one including the feared Trinidad Scorpian Carolina Reapers are Morouga and Butch T, Trinidad 7 pots, Bhut Jolokia and Nagas. If your looking for a true naturally tasting INSANE HOT sauce then this is the one."

$20141231_120434.jpg

Top Bottom