What's new

Hot sauce junkie

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
I'm still waiting on my delivery from Culleys and could not stand it any more.
Suckle Busters - Texas Heat - Habanero Pepper Sauce was opened to make me fell better.
It is as the bottle says "A fiery blend of chile peppers in a thick and tangy sauce."
I put the heat as hot but just right YHLMV. This was very nice, thanks Aaron.

$20150613_083851.jpg

Last edited:

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
I'll see if I can get a picture this weekend. But the collection and it's photo would be much improved with a sample of the Yeehaw...... :wink:

The next batch I make I'll send you some.

I'm still waiting on my delivery from Culleys and could not stand it any more.
Suckle Busters - Texas Heat - Habanero Pepper Sauce was opened to make me fell better.
It is as the bottle says "A fiery blend of chile peppers in a thick and tangy sauce."
I put the heat as hot but just right YHLMV. This was very nice, thanks Aaron.

View attachment 578823

Glad you enjoyed. Those eggs look great too.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Knock Knock....It arrived.
On opening the box there was a extra sauce in the box. They were all wrapped up so it felt like Christmas opening them.
The last on I opened was the extra..........Reaper. Also in the box was dried Scotch Bonnet Cillies.
Taste test to follow. It is a nice sunny winter day so will test when I get home. The dogs want their swim at the beach first.

$20150613_112524.jpg

$20150613_112532.jpg

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
sorry I don't take the dogs on the pier. Too many people fishing to take double trouble there.
now just to make something to taste test a sauce with......

[video]https://youtu.be/jyCJWKdRs4o[/video]

$20150613_122754.jpg

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Awesome!! It is a nice sunny day for a lab swim. Nova is sneaky though.

Actually I meant to say the stone pier or walkway out into the water. Like the last video.

You've now got a great name for a hot sauce:

1. Hair of the Dog
2. Double Trouble
3. Maximum SuperNova HotSauce

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Yeah Nova is not big on swimming she prefers to stalk Max for the stick, then get it off him and get him to chase her.
sauce name after the hounds? The ones you list sound good. How about these.
Max-a-Nova Hot Sauce. (I have always said I don't have a Super Nova I have a Max a Nova)
Double Black Hot Sauce.

OK back on the subject of Hot sauce.
taste test. It has a nice smoke smell to it. The flavour is very much a Chipotle (go figure) but with a good amount of heat.
As expected he has not aimed for a blow your head off hot but one that still lets you taste the sauce and your food.
I would agree with his 7/10 heat level. YHLMV

$20150613_141919.jpg

$20150613_142100.jpg

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
It looks nice and smoky with a kick. Culley's has stepped up their game. Plus, I can get those right here in the U.S.

Last edited:

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
I just checked Culley's site for the dried Scotch bonnets and can not find them there at all.
One free sauce was a nice touch but the scotch bonnets and a handful of Mentos fruit lollies was well received.

Hmmmm which sauce should I open next the reaper or the Malibu & Mango? Mango and coconut rum hot sauce sounds different but the reaper is also call my name.

what would you suggest to use the dried scotch bonnets for other than chili?

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
You could grind or chop a hand full of them, put them in shaker or container for added spice to any dish. Soups, braises, chili, stews, eggs, marinades or rubs. Which sauce was free?

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
You could grind or chop a hand full of them, put them in shaker or container for added spice to any dish. Soups, braises, chili, stews, eggs, marinades or rubs. Which sauce was free?

The reaper was free, it was on my to get one day list as I don't think he would have gone OTT with the heat.

edit: Reaper has been opened. I can confirm the heat is hot but not too hot, this I would put as a 8/10. YHLMV
I could smell tomato but it does not have any in it. Taste was fruity then some heat. I like this one.
I put some reaper HS in the little peppers..........nice

$20150613_165305.jpg

Last edited:

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
OK I could not leave one not opened, so got into the Malibu & Mango..............taste test...........meh. Heat...........meh
maybe I should have gone mild first before the hot ones. I will reserve my judgement on this one but first taste was not to my taste.
hmmm that is four HS opened in one day.

$20150613_172153.jpg

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I finished up Aaron's Yee Haw sauce- I had chicken soft tacos (corn tortilla). The wife shreds up chicken thighs, then adds sour cream, avocado, tomato, and cilantro. I call it Mexican chicken salad, because it is good between a couple slices of bread, too.

Yesterday I lamented that I was almost out of Lottie's. The wife said "Really? Look at all that stuff" and pointed at my hot sauce collection. She doesn't get it. I may have to store my unopened bottles in the guest room closet :biggrin:

I know that this is a "hot sauce" thread but I picked up something today on the town that would make a grown man cry. Or at least it did on the guy ahead of me who tried it. 2 small bags of popcorn. One with Cajun spices called "slap yo mama" and another called "ghost pepper inferno". Some say the mama is hotter, probably because of the extra Cajun spices but the lady at the counter says that techically the inferno is hotter. One or two pieces of the inferno sets your mouth ablaze but with a slightly smoky flavor to start before the heat kicks in. Good stuff.

$image.jpg

Ftfy

Last edited by a moderator:

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
There's nothing wrong with not liking a hot sauce.

True that but I think if something is worth trying it's worth trying three times...........

I finished up Aaron's Yee Haw sauce- I had chicken soft tacos (corn tortilla). The wife shreds up chicken thighs, then adds sour cream, avocado, tomato, and cilantro. I call it Mexican chicken salad, because it is good between a couple slices of bread, too.

Yesterday I lamented that I was almost out of Lottie's. The wife said "Really? Look at all that stuff" and pointed at my hot sauce collection. She doesn't get it. I may have to store my unopened bottles in the guest room closet :biggrin:

I got "the look" when I told the wife a package was coming and it had hot sauce in it.
hiding hot sauce in the guest room closet............now that's a junkie thing to do.:lol:

rlmnshvstr8 - I'm not a fan of popcorn but that stuff sounds nice.

Top Bottom