What's new

Honeybee Gardens Bay Rum AS Splash

Been reading several bay rum threads here recently and thought I would comment on the HBG I just received today from Vitacost.com.

First of all, EXTREMELY FAST service from Vitacost, I highly recommend them!

The Honeybee Gardens Bay Rum, when I first splashed a little into my hand my very first thought was "wow, licorice!" It is decidedly not clove or spicy smelling like others that have been mentioned (e.g. Pinaud).

First contact on the face is some definite alcohol burn. And that was from this morning's shave as I'm splashing a little at 6pm! YMMV on that, I guess.

It settles in nicely after a few moments, and as I'm typing this it's been about 45 minutes. The scent has rounded off very nicely to a smooth, exotic, butter rum type of flavor. Round and warm are the only words I can find to describe it. Extremely pleasant, and I feel like a million bucks just walking around the house! It has left my skin feeling very very smooth, a little more powdery and less tacky than the Master Bay Rum I used this morning.

If you're like me and your idea of bay rum has been limited to some old school brand that had an actual leaf floating in the bottle like the kind my dad used.. Please! Don't walk - RUN- to your computer and hop online to order some of this stuff! I plan on using it regularly, and I think it will pair really well with my tube of Trader Joe's Honey Mango shave creme, which I've never really enjoyed but I think now may have found its calling.

Best regards,
LFC Red
YNWA

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I like that one (for the Witch Hazel mainly) but the fact that it's not very clovey makes it very different, awesome AS!

Just ordered their Bay Rum and Sandalwood AS's.

Great combo! I got the Sandalwood as well, and it's pleasant to be sure. I don't find it as strong as the AOS Sandalwood, not that it's not long lasting, it just doesn't carry the same "bite" as the AOS. I like it, but in a different way than the way I like the HBG Bay Rum. For the price, they're both winners!

Great combo! I got the Sandalwood as well, and it's pleasant to be sure. I don't find it as strong as the AOS Sandalwood, not that it's not long lasting, it just doesn't carry the same "bite" as the AOS. I like it, but in a different way than the way I like the HBG Bay Rum. For the price, they're both winners!

That's a little dis-concerning as I recently visited an AOS shop and didn't find the sent of their Sandalwood very appealing to me. I LOVE the smell of TOBS Sandalwood products, I hope its more like that one! haha

I also have HBG Bay Rum, it smells great my wife loves it shes always sniffing me when I've got it on, I think it burns the most out of all my aftershaves though, will definately get more!

Thanks to Luc who got me onto this one. SWMBO loves it, I just ordered two bottles from iherb.com today.

Top Bottom