What's new

Holiday Gift Exchange Poll

What is your Holiday Gift Exchange Protocol?

• Christmas Eve

• Christmas Day

• Strung out over several days

• On the Solstice

• Unique to my culture(explain tradition)

• Bah Humbug

Results are only viewable after voting.
What is your Holiday gift exchange protocol?

When do you exchange, if at all?

Different holiday or religious traditions?

Last edited:

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
This is a trick question. There's family. Then there's in-laws. Each one has its own traditions which don't make any sense past eggnog. Growing up, it was one gift opened at Granny's on Christmas Eve. The best gift I received from Granny was a rubber snake. That snaked scared the hell out of every member of both sides of the family for years. I put it in the toilet for added excitement. His name was Edger.

....then there's the stadium horn.

This is a trick question. There's family. Then there's in-laws. Each one has its own traditions which don't make any sense past eggnog. Growing up, it was one gift opened at Granny's on Christmas Eve. The best gift I received from Granny was a rubber snake. That snaked scared the hell out of every member of both sides of the family for years. I put it in the toilet for added excitement. His name was Edger.

....then there's the stadium horn.

Excellent. This is the kind of discussion I am looking for. Traditions are unique and often married. I hope this inspires some interesting sharing.

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
I give my people checks. They all get the same amount on the 23d of this month.

Here's a picture for Jewish people. I'm not Jewish, but this picture is attractive.

$happy hanukkah.jpg

Top Bottom