What's new

hi

Firstly, welcome to the baord and thanks for the detailed intro, great story.

I was thinking of getting that same travel brush, but I was a bit hesitant. But the other day, after using my "travel" Trac II and getting easily the crappiest shave I've had since I started using a DE, I think I'm going to get a razor I can travel with, the travel brush, and a couple of small containers for Proraso and Thayer's WH.

In the meantime, I guess I'll just have to shave at home. I don't get out much anyway. They let me out of the padded cell every once in a while for a couple days, but I don't get far...

Peace,

Pierre

vox_rox said:
I was thinking of getting that same travel brush, but I was a bit hesitant.

It's a nice little brush! Though I can only compare it to one other-- an $85 Edwin Jagger "Super Badger" sold at Crabtree & Evelyn. Feel wise the SR-100 is a bit stiffer and nimbler feeling (sort of like a sports suspension versus the classic luxury car). I think I actually prefer the slightly scratchier feel of the SR-100. The drawback of the SR-100 is that it's much, much easier to end up with lather all over your hand when either making lather or applying it to the face. (The handle is tiny compared to the C&E brush.) Both seem to make lather equally well but the SR-100 can do it in a much smaller bowl. The travel case has a nice solid feel.

Once again, thanks to everyone for the welcomes!

Top Bottom