What's new

Henson Razor Club.

Razor: Henson AL13+
Blade: Bolzano Superinox (1)
Cream: Palmolive Classic
Brush: No-name badger off of Amazon
Aftershave: Aqua Velva Ice Blue followed by Nivea Sensitive balm

So I reached into the grab bag for a blade today and came out with the Bolzano Superinox. I remembered it fondly from a previous run through with a Bolzano, but today was less than stellar. It didn't seem very sharp or close. Maybe it was me, maybe it was the blade, maybe it was the lather, but I finished with an acceptable, but not great shave today.

Pre Shave:Warm water, TOBS Pre-Shave Gel with a drop of Jojoba oil
Razor:Henson AL13 v2 mild
Blade:Tatra Platinum (3)
# Days Growth:2
Soap/Cream:Crowne & Crane Wild Fig & Evergreen
Brush:Simpson's Duke 2 Best Badger
Post Shave:Cold water, Thayers, Nivea
Weepers:0
Nicks/cuts:0
Irritation:a little on neck
Sharpness:9
Comfort:10
Face:BBS
Neck:DFS++

My first time using Crowne & Crane soap. It performs very well and this scent is wonderful. It's going on my Father's Day list!

Have a great week, everyone!

IMG_8910.jpg

The Henson +++ the razor doesn't have any issues. Actually it's the total opposite. It's just too efficient for me to shave everyday with. I get bbs Everytime but after a few days my face feels a little raw.

Hi Luckey ! - I think you were responding to some other thread but accidentally placed you response in my question thread which was:
Can you guys help me out. Which Henson +++ are you talkiing abt here on your posts ? I understand that they have issued that "+++" in Al and also In Ti.. Which ones are you talking abt?

But I guess I have my answer, apparently they are talking about AL13+++, not the Ti.

Henson +++, Astra SP, WTG + XTG.
Henson +, Wizamet Super Iridium, ATG.

@Omega48 I find your blade/razor choices interesting. I use Henson+ and have yet to try a Feather (came in a sample pack) or similar ultrasharp blade like your Wizamet Super Iridium. My blade of choice was Astra SP (Russia) and is now Tatra platinum, with some experimentation with sharper blades (Personna Blue platinum, Personna Red (Germany) and Bolzano). The Personna blades are persona non grata as they were very irritating. The Bolzano has mixed results which are probably soap dependent.

If you wouldn't mind, I'd appreciate learning your thoughts and experience that led to your current pairings.

TIA,
Paul

Reactions: Kix
I just placed an order for a 100 pack of Astra Superior Platinums. Excited to try the new Indian version and hope it's just as sharp/smooth as the Russian ones.

I had a terrible experience with the Indian Astra SP after I ran out of the Russian blades. That was early on after the manufacturing switch from St. Petersburg so things may have smoothed out (pun intended) since then. Of course, some folks here seem to like the new India-sourced blades and YMMV.

I had a terrible experience with the Indian Astra SP after I ran out of the Russian blades. That was early on after the manufacturing switch from St. Petersburg so things may have smoothed out (pun intended) since then. Of course, some folks here seem to like the new India-sourced blades and YMMV.
I’m really hoping I do like them! I saw some videos of direct comparisons that they felt the same. So I’m hoping I get the same impression

@Omega48 I find your blade/razor choices interesting. I use Henson+ and have yet to try a Feather (came in a sample pack) or similar ultrasharp blade like your Wizamet Super Iridium. My blade of choice was Astra SP (Russia) and is now Tatra platinum, with some experimentation with sharper blades (Personna Blue platinum, Personna Red (Germany) and Bolzano). The Personna blades are persona non grata as they were very irritating. The Bolzano has mixed results which are probably soap dependent.

If you wouldn't mind, I'd appreciate learning your thoughts and experience that led to your current pairings.

TIA,
Paul
I'm not @Omega48 but for me, Wizamet SI and Feather are sublime.

Top Bottom