What's new

Help with forum view

Hello,

Sorry not quite sure where to ask this. I have a form view that won’t allow for looking at things well from a phone.

As you can see the red box is not a folder and the contents of it are hard to scroll. Any ideas how to get this fixed back to folder view?

Many thanks in advance for ideas or solutions.
6540461B-5EC4-4D51-A77C-640B28B519F1.jpeg

Last edited:
Thank you for your help.

It seems like the smaller area where you could read the titles have changed now to pictures and a lot of text for each post. Generally, it’s just this page. I think they changed the formatting but it will make finding a post harder unless you use the find function.

All the threads are still there. You can scroll them just as before. The difference is now the forum shows a preview of the thread instead of just a title.
I do understand. I also know it is now much harder for me to tell where I was and so I only scan the top 1-2 posts and get off the forum. I believe this could be happening for a lot of users.

The ability to choose between the old view and new preview mode would be really highly appreciated and valued by myself and potentially many others.

Thank you for your consideration.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Just for info fellas, we're going to let this run a little bit and see how things go.

No one likes change, I get it, but we want to make an informed decision which means time to assess.
Thanks for the patience if you are one of the folks that doesn't like the format.

If you're one of the folks that do like the format, we'd like to hear from you as well.

For purposes of the mods gathering feedback, I’m also strongly in favor the old view. The new layout is tedious and frustrating to get through. Personally I don’t find the text preview or single photo pane to be of benefit, because most listings have more info written out and more than one photo, so you’re going to have to click into the post to read/see anyways.

Who thought the new view of BST was a good idea? Whoever made that call would do well in politics, where they generally try to fix a problem that doesn't exist. Thanks for ruining the BST forum.

For purposes of the mods gathering feedback, I’m also strongly in favor the old view. The new layout is tedious and frustrating to get through. Personally I don’t find the text preview or single photo pane to be of benefit, because most listings have more info written out and more than one photo, so you’re going to have to click into the post to read/see anyways.
Bingo! Nailed it. I want to find out who made the call to make this change and WHY they did this. I want to hold this person publicly accountable for this royal F-up!!

Just for info fellas, we're going to let this run a little bit and see how things go.

No one likes change, I get it, but we want to make an informed decision which means time to assess.
Thanks for the patience if you are one of the folks that doesn't like the format.

If you're one of the folks that do like the format, we'd like to hear from you as well.
Who actually likes this new format? Why was the change made and why wasn't there a vote on this? I despise surprises like this. Totally uncool. Mods dropped the ball on this, Big TIME.

Good idea. I like to be able to scan quickly the BST list in order to keep up with changes etc. The new format makes that much more difficult.
When using a phone like I do 90% of the time, this is even more crucial and the new format takes up way more data having to reload images for threads I would likely not open. Wasting data is a huge no for me. Loading speeds are also slowed down having to open images before seeing the thread, Boneheaded decision whoever made this call.

Top Bottom