What's new

Head Shaving

This month I've been shaving my face and head daily with a braun syncro 5493 that I picked up off ebay. It's been shaving me bbs with no irritation. I can put on aqua velva afterwards and all I feel is the coolness of the menthol, no burning sensation. The other thing I like is that I get no weepers or nicks on my neck or head. Before the braun I used a DE on my face and my quattro titanium on my head.

Clayton

I've used de's,se's and injectors on my noggin and found they just takes too long. The injector was the quickest, but I can do it so much quicker with a Trac II or Mach 3. I've also had good results with the Personna Magnum M5, but prefer the 2 or 3 blades systems. I'm willing to spend the time on my face, and thoroughly enjoy the process, but head shaving every day is just a chore that needs to be done, like brushing my teeth or ironing a shirt.

I found a vendor at a local flea market that sells the 8 pack Mach 3 cartidges for $9.95, which works for me.

My father in-law is an ex-Italian barber, this is what he uses and I've shaved my head with it, it works amazing.:thumbup1:

I didn't know you could get 00000 guards, 000 is the lowest I've used.

oster has always had 0000 blades,my 15 year old 00000 andis blades fits the classic 76...however I believe oster now has a 00000 blade also...these ooooo blades are usually refered to as surgical blades .although they ,in truth, are not....the 0000 blade is stronger and faster,the 00000 blade is right to the scalp but slower...with a professional clipper and a properly adjusted blade ,you will get one hell of a shave,it is a "green" shave as well...

I have been shaving my head for over seven years now and started out using a Mach3. That was before I knew any better and now I use my Merkur Progress with Feather blades for everyday and my straight razor on the weekends when I have time. Some people think using a straight razor on your head is crazy, but I have found that it does a fantastic job as long as you use a very light hand and take your time.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
I have been shaving my head for over seven years now and started out using a Mach3. That was before I knew any better and now I use my Merkur Progress with Feather blades for everyday and my straight razor on the weekends when I have time. Some people think using a straight razor on your head is crazy, but I have found that it does a fantastic job as long as you use a very light hand and take your time.

I'm bald on top but still have straggler hairs. I've been using a DE every day to clean up. I've tried a straight a couple of times. Scary as heck having to go more by feel than by sight but do-able.

I use my merkur34c, feather and bar soap in the shower took some getting used to and lots of blood. I just can't justify buying cartridges anymore.

I use my merkur34c, feather and bar soap in the shower took some getting used to and lots of blood. I just can't justify buying cartridges anymore.

Today I got my first DE razor (Feather SS with Feather Stainless Blades) and shaved both my face and head no problem at all! BBS all the way! :thumbup:

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
See the below Thread & Posted Replies on Nogging Shaving. :thumbup:

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=189150

Christopher
proxy.php

There is a learning curve and you need to master shaving your face with the DE before you move onto the head.
I find that the Gillette NEW head with long combs to be an excellent head shave razor.
The turned over long combs are comfortable on the head unlike the short comb version and the Gillette Old Type and it's clones which can feel like a sharp rake on the head.
The long combs also make maintaining proper blade angle easy.

I agree about learning to shave your face with a DE before moving onto your head, and the comment about the Gillette Old Type. I have been shaving my head with a variety of DEs for the last 8 months now. The only open comb razor I have tried is an Old Type, and it can be uncomfortable. So far, I have resisted the urge to pick up a long comb NEW, but I am pretty sure I'll be giving in to that AD in the next couple of months.

Just this week, I have been trying a Gem G-Bar (my first SE). I am getting a decent shave with it, but I haven't decided if it will make it into the regular rotation.

Top Bottom