What's new

Head Shavers....whats your tool of choice?

I shave my head every time I shave my face. 4 times a week, with my 76' SS DE. I use Cella for my soap/cream. 2 passes and done. No mirror at all, I just let my hands check for missed spots on the back. Rinse, apply Alum, and AS. Right now liking Speik.

The other time is with a straight, stiffer grind, ~5/8 size.

Wow, I bow to you, I am a new straight user, but even with more experience under my belt I don't see myself doing this.

I use a headblade most of the time, sometimes a Gillette Blue Tip with any blade. I really prefer the headblade, I use the adapter for Sensor blades and can get a BBS in one pass and can get at least 10 shaves/ cart. I like the Headslick product, but I've also been using up other brushless creams I have, Kiss my face is great, especially like the pump bottle, makes it real easy to use in the shower and rinses easily out of the blade. KMF will be what I buy for this purpose once my other stuff is used up. I have my original VDH brush in the shower that I do use to lather with on occasion.

I've been shavingmy head for going onto 3 months. While I really like the products from Headblade, and I know alot of guys love them, I just can't master the thing. One strong suggestion I have for any beginner (a stage I am barely out of) - use a good cartridge for at least the first few weeks. Part of my problem is I tried to jump right in with the Headblade and totally blew my confidence, now I'm hesitant to give it another shot.

Shaving your head takes a good bit of confidence - about half of the work is done outside of your field of vision and done by feel so use a "weapon" you're used to handling while you learn the contours of your head. www.slybaldguys.com is a great source of information and, in general, a really good source of support when a guy decides to make the change

TJ

I started shaving my head completely last weekend. I have been using clippers with no guard for a while and just decided to take the next step. First pass WTG was with a disposable Wilkinson Sword twin blade. I attempted ATG with this, but just didn't like how it was doing, so I grabbed my Fat Boy (set on 3) with an Israeli Personna blade with 1 face shave on it and jumped right in. I was using AOS Sandlewood cream and that set up worked beautifully for a smooth head.

I shaved my head Sunday, skipped the disposable and got a near BBS shave in 2 passes + touchup. I will be sticking to my Fat Boy for head shaving since I'm getting good results (plus its my only DE at the moment).

Top Bottom