What's new

Hat of the Day!

This is the face you make when you spend your workday outside in the pouring rain and 48 degree weather. At least I had my favorite hat to keep me dry.

American Hat Makers "Freedom". Great rain hat and I wear it year round.

20230211_143655.jpg

How many did you take home with you?
I ended up with one which my wife bought for me. It was a Super-Fina for $70 in an extra-large head size. This was my official introduction to Panama hats back in the day (2013). I still have it and it has been a really nice hat for all these years. If I were to go back to Ecuador now I would try to get to the real traditional manufacturing center, a town called Montecristi. I would likely buy at least two, one for every day and one really nice one. A really nice hat might cost around $2,000.

I now live in Florida and, unless there is wind or rain, a Panama hat is the perfect hat for all occasions. You can wear one with a suit or with shorts and sandals. For that matter, you can wear a Panama hat while painting and smoking a cigar.
1677343685545.png

Last edited:
I've been watching this thread for quite a while. I don't take very many "selfies" so I never think to post here. I'm a hat guy too. I have more than I can wear. I live in Phoenix AZ so I wear summer hats most of the year. This Bailey Nelles is the hat I grab when I travel. It also splits time with my Bogan for the few months of the year I can wear felt here in the desert. I'll do my best to post more.
20230320_141817.jpg

Very nice. Does it breathe? I mean does air flow through it, sorry.
Not as much as I would like. I probably won't be able to wear it when it's 105+ here unless there is a light breeze. It's a very comfortable hat though while our temps here hover around 100.

Top Bottom