What's new

Haslinger soap

Got my first shave in with the Schafmilch. Great shave and I find the scent very pleasant as well. Was a little caught off guard by the size of the puck but with performance like this it's worth it.

Schafsmilch is fantastic. The puck sizes seem a little small, but it will last longer than one may expect. Plus, as you said, the performance makes it worth it.

Got my first shave in with the Schafmilch. Great shave and I find the scent very pleasant as well. Was a little caught off guard by the size of the puck but with performance like this it's worth it.

How would you describe the scent?

I think most people have that initial reaction to their first puck of Haslinger. Don't be fooled, the puck lasts a long time. The size also works well for dropping in many common soap mugs / dishes, like Old Spice mugs.

I think most people have that initial reaction to their first puck of Haslinger. Don't be fooled, the puck lasts a long time. The size also works well for dropping in many common soap mugs / dishes, like Old Spice mugs.
I never understood how people are surprised. :confused:

They clearly state 60g and most pucks are 100-120g.

I think you're assuming more people read the ad copy than really do. I'm glad they are surprised at how well it works.
Yeah, I guess people aren't reading the description or looking at the details.

I just hope all these new Haslinger fans leave some for me :w00t:

Schafsmilch is fantastic. The puck sizes seem a little small, but it will last longer than one may expect. Plus, as you said, the performance makes it worth it.

My solution to the small size of the puck: I order two and grate it and put it in a full-size container!

Last edited:
Haslinger's sandalwood today. This scent is growing on me, and the performance is top-drawer IMO!! :thumbup1:

My solution to the small size of the puck: I order two and grate it and put it in a full-size container!

That's will do it.

I've never grated anything, but have been thinking about doing the same to fill up an Old Spice mug. Just have to decide which Haslinger scent to use...

Exactly the route I'm going got a Marvy mug on the way.

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
any idea how haslinger's sandalwood scent compares to TOBS or AOS?

It is a light sandalwood scent, I do not have TOBS, and my AOS is very faint scented, and has the typical clay scent.
The performance of the Haslinger always blows me away. In my opinion, it is the best modern soap.
I have also very soft (softened) water, so the small puck last me a long time.

I can't agree more with Rudy. Best modern soap I have ever used.
I know Bruce, Snowman and a few others would agree as well.
Glad to part of the brotherhood one branding Haslinger for 2016.

any idea how haslinger's sandalwood scent compares to TOBS or AOS?
Haslinger Sandalwood blows TOBS out of the water. I had to get rid of TOBS as it was so synthetic and incense smelling. Keep in mind, if is very faint like their other scents. I 3017'd a puck last year and enjoyed it, but probably won't be one I buy again.

I'm not familiar with AOS Sandalwood.

Top Bottom