What's new

Haslinger soap

brucered

System Generated
Only have the Haslinger Honig and it is a very good soap with a nice scent and excellent lather. I can't ask for more from a shave soap.

Bob
I'd ask for a Lime or Lavender...actually I did, but they weren't going for it. :tongue_sm

IMO the best thing is that this company is reliable.

I have liked every one of their soaps and I can count on them to keep making good products as they have since the 19th century!

Last edited:
You know, the remarkable thing about this is that Joel created a thread about Haslinger on the very first day that this site started, and it took like 8+ years to achieve critical mass. Talk about flying under the radar in the interim.

You know, the remarkable thing about this is that Joel created a thread about Haslinger on the very first day that this site started, and it took like 8+ years to achieve critical mass. Talk about flying under the radar in the interim.

It sure has been under the radar for a long time. Until last year, I never tried it. My first shave with it was amazing. Incredible value as well as an incredible performer. Until now you could call it the Rodney Dangerfield of shaving soaps!

brucered

System Generated
Shhhh, don't tell anyone how good it is. We don't want people buying pucks by the dozen and driving up prizes and demand.

Last edited:

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
OK, I busted out a fresh puck of Ringelblume (marigold) today. Nothing like a fresh puck of Haslinger to start your day.

Puck spent at least a year in the drawer and instantly blossomed when I touched my brush down on it. Very light scent.

I think a few factors keep this soap from rising in popularity in the US.
1) It isn't readily available on Amazon or eBay. A few US specialty resellers have it, otherwise you have to go across the pond.
2) I think the small size of the puck throws people.
3) The mild scents.

#1 is what it is. If you want Haslinger its certainly easy enough to get for a very reasonable price, you just have to know where to look.
#2 the physical size of the puck means nothing. I can get 45 wonderful shaves from 60g of product. 'nuf said.
#3 One of the several reason I like the soap. However, strongly scented soaps seem to be the fad now.

I have a largish wide crock (works great for loading soap) that I believe will hold 3 pucks of Haslinger when grated and pressed. This year I'm finally going to get around to trying all of the scents Haslinger currently offers. I want to settle on a few favorites, buy bulk, and stuff 3 pucks at a time in the crock. That way I only have to reload every 4 or 5 months. As it stands my top 3 are schafmilch, coconut, and aloe. Looking forward to trying the rest.

Two questions for you gentlemen.

1. How will a puck be good to store? Anyone that had any gone bad?

2. I tried both pucks in the in the pictures. But I do not think they are the same. Any one that could enlighten me if I'm right or not?
proxy.php
proxy.php

brucered

System Generated
I store my long term back ups in vacuum sealed bags. Ones I'm going to use up in a year or so, just as they are and have never had one go bad.

I have no clue what that puck with the dude's chest is, but I've uses the regular one and it was nice.

I store my long term back ups in vacuum sealed bags. Ones I'm going to use up in a year or so, just as they are and have never had one go bad.

I have no clue what that puck with the dude's chest is, but I've uses the regular one and it was nice.

My oldest pucks is a bit more than a year and they are good. But I like to stock up and planned to buy many.

"Regular" is a relative word. I've used the one you consider regular only once. And I'd say it's a different scent then the dude. Both good ofc :).

Edit to my earlier post: I visited my den. They are without question different soaps and scents. Both good but I preferred "the dude".

Last edited:
Unfortunately (as it makes it difficult for me to make a daily choice), I have not found a Haslinger's puck that I did not like!

No problems with pucks that have been in storage. Great performance every day! Nothing to complain about!!! Nothing to criticize!!

Is this heaven?? :thumbup1::thumbup1:

I love Haslinger's sandalwood! Have not tried the Spa sandalwood. Definitely on the lookout for that one.

I get my Haslinger Schafmilch on Amazon, where they have a dozen varieties.

Well, I'll be dipped. I stand corrected. I've looked on Amazon a number of times and seen maybe one or two stray pucks show up, but never the whole line. Last time I looked was several months ago though.

All scents are listed on Amazon, $7.95/puck. Reseller is the same for all of them, Smallflower (Merz). Half the price if you go to Europe and buy in bulk.

Well, I'll be dipped. I stand corrected. I've looked on Amazon a number of times and seen maybe one or two stray pucks show up, but never the whole line. Last time I looked was several months ago though.

All scents are listed on Amazon, $7.95/puck. Reseller is the same for all of them, Smallflower (Merz). Half the price if you go to Europe and buy in bulk.
I'm still waiting for TVB to get the Schafmilch in. One member directed me to that site. I checked amazon.com and it will be pricey for me since I live in Canada. It Will cost me 17 or 18 CAD for one puck after the conversion. Ya, I think I'll wait. I haven't found any other place that will be cheaper for me to order from other than TVB. In most places, the Schafmilch is sold out anyways.

Last edited:

brucered

System Generated
[MENTION=86685]Kendaihou[/MENTION] You can order from TVB and they'll ship when it comes back in stock.

Shavemac also sells it and the price isn't bad if you are willing to order 8+ pucks to make shippnf worth while.

For us Canadians, TVB is still the best option. Be sure to check their vendor thread for the B&B discount code.

Top Bottom