What's new

Hair loss when breaking in Maseto brush

I’ve been breaking in a new Maseto brush. I’ve shaved with it 4 or 5 times and have lost about 30-40 hairs. Is this normal?

I do not own a Maseto so not sure what their “normal” is.
Having said that, I have owned dozens of brushes over last 6-7 years (mostly badger) and have never lost 30-40 hairs from any. Just sounds like a lot to me.

EB Newfarm

Cane? I'm Able!
I have a new masteto brush that I have only used about 10 times. I don't think it has lost more than the 2-3 upon the initial lather. 30-40 sounds defective.

When I read this post the automatically-inserted AdChoice ad at the bottom was for a "Custom Hair Loss Solution". :lol:
Somehow I don't think it would have worked.

@SonofdavidS report to the owner on eBay by sending him an email is possible you may have a faulty Maseto brush and you may get a free replacement, make sure you send him some photo shot on the number of hairs along with a photo of your brush.

Shaved again with Maseto silver tip today, lost another 5 hairs. It’s a wonderful brush, I just can’t get it to stop shedding hair. I’ve contacted the vendor, waiting to hear back.

Attachments

• E0E5EB2C-60A9-4E6C-8FEB-995A968BCC63.jpeg
    E0E5EB2C-60A9-4E6C-8FEB-995A968BCC63.jpeg
    663.5 KB · Views: 14
Shaved again with Maseto silver tip today, lost another 5 hairs. It’s a wonderful brush, I just can’t get it to stop shedding hair. I’ve contacted the vendor, waiting to hear back.
When you get a new replacement as soon as you can when you get a return reply from the vendor okay.

Did you soak your brush in warm water and not hot water just about 4 or 5mm below the handle, you didn't soak the whole knot way above the handle, I just asking because when soaking above handle the glue will start to get loose in hot water over a period of time.

Top Bottom