What's new

Grifiti TagTool

I realize it's not on the same level as a lot of the pens that are discussed in this forum, but has anyone tried the Grifiti TagTool fountain pen? I recently bought one as my first non-disposable fountain pen. I enjoy it, but I also have nothing to compare it to besides a disposable Pilot Varsity. What are your thoughts on the TagTool? How does it compare to something like a Pelikan M200?

The fact that they warn you about not putting it in your pocket because the cap might fall off and that some of their pens have flow issues would scare me a bit. Then again... it's $15.

The fact that they warn you about not putting it in your pocket because the cap might fall off and that some of their pens have flow issues would scare me a bit. Then again... it's $15.

Exactly, it's $15. It takes a bit of coaxing to get the ink flowing, but once it does, it's good until it sits for a while. At this point, I view it as a "gateway FP". I was on the Pelikan website last night drooling over an M205.

I dunno. Seems like for $15 you can get a good pen that doesn't have the issues with ink flow and cap coming off. For the same price you can get a Pilot Metropolitan.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Exactly, it's $15. It takes a bit of coaxing to get the ink flowing, but once it does, it's good until it sits for a while. At this point, I view it as a "gateway FP". I was on the Pelikan website last night drooling over an M205.
Since buying my M200 I will never buy a cartridge/converter pen again- I am spoiled by my piston filler.

Apparently the TagTool line was initially funded through Kickstarter, so it's a small company. When I originally bought the pen, the owner threw in their mechanical pencil and some extra ink and stylus nibs as well. Then when I bent the nib (my fault), he said he'd send me another one at no charge. I got it today and, not only did he send me a new nib, but a second pen as well! Fantastic customer service. Their other camera and tablet related products look very interesting.

Top Bottom