What's new

GREAT SHAVE! Need Menthol Bombs. List the most extreme.

I'm falling in love with menthol and I really need it. Just picked up this glorious hobby and had the closest shave ever in my life this am! :thumbup: There is no possible way I can get a closer shave, even with a straight razor. No stubble, but pure skin when I rub UP my face and chin. I used a Merkur 34c HD with Derby blades. I first washed with Clearasil Ultra Daily wash before I hit the shower. Then soaked bowl and brush in hot water. Got out and applied Proraso pre/post shave (I love this stuff!). In the mean time I whipped up an extra thick lather using C.O. Bigelow Shaving Cream I scored (4 big tubes for $20) at Bath and Body Works. Applied it and went with the grain, rinsed, applied more lather and went sideways. Then I repeated and went against the grain. Oh so careful this time. Rinsed again, applied Proraso, and then a top coat of Pinaud Clubman. The best shave ever! Ten minutes ago I washed with Clearasil again and applied Proraso. The menthol and eucalyptus oil is tops! I also take 2 salmon oil pills everyday so I know that helps keep my skin soft as well. I definitely need the Proraso creme because my face really burned. Not bad, but just irritated. No red marks or cuts however.

Now I need the BEST and STRONGEST MENTHOL bombs out there. Creams, soaps, A/S.......I want an ice cube face!

Side note: I also will be ordering TOBAC soap in the bowl because of the immense popularity of it. :biggrin1:

Soap - Gentlemen's Best Chilled, this not only has a huge menthol kick to it, but it also smells great and performs as well if not better than any soap I have.

AS - Osage Rub, no AS compares to this when it comes to Menthol Bombs. It hits hard and stays with you for a while.

I like Godrej Menthol Mist cream, and Aqua Velva Ice Blue AS, as well as Master Iceland Breeze AS.
Still looking for an AS that will freeze my face off, as I work outside and in hot warehouses and the Atlanta summers are brutal

Is Osage Rub made by Jeris? I think I saw it on Atlanta Barber and Beauty Supply's website for $4.50 a bottle. If I'd known a couple of weeks ago, I would have ordered it when I ordered my Master Iceland Breeze/Lord & Master/Lilac Vegetol/Bay Rum, Mar-V-Cide, plastic generic Barbicide jar, and Campbell's shave cream.

You can clean your face with Noxzema cold cream or the generic equivalent(I use the Wal-Mart version) before shaving, or even use it as a shave cream. I sometimes use it after shaving, too(before my AS splash, just for the cooling effect)
You could buy some menthol crystals to add to your aftershave.
Gillette Sensitive Skin After Shave Gel has menthol.
Aramis aftershave has menthol and is more cooling than Aqua Velva, though the scent is more of a cold weather scent(IMO, anyway). AV Ice Blue is a definite summer scent.
You could try some Mineral Ice pain relieving gel or the generic equivalent (no difference). I'll have my wife rub me down with it on hot days.

Last edited:
Alcolado Glacial. I saw it on the Shoeboxshaveshop link.

It's not scented.

It just freezes and then freezes some more.

Osage Rub. Or a C02 extinguisher. Same effect.

+1 :thumbup1:

What has been great for me lately with the temperatures and humidity in the 90's is a cold water shave with Proraso. The menthol blast from the Proraso mixed with cold water after a shower is quite refreshing. Following up with some Osage Rub is the icing on the cake! :ouch1:

Last edited:
Not without the price of a serious alcohol burn first, if you were the least bit untidy, but Alt Innsbruck has a serious menthol kick.

I found Gentlemen's Best Chilled to be better than Osage Rub. It's just as cold, but far better skin conditioning.

Barbasol Pacific Rush from Dollar General is inexpensive, smells nice, and is nice and cold. For the ultimate in face-freezing coolness, just buy yourself some menthol crystals and ice up anything you like. I make my own A/S splash with these crystals and it is COLD. I had to cut the first batch with water because it was so cold it hurt. :thumbup:

Top Bottom