What's new

Gong razor ?

Hi,

Got this razor from eBay some days ago - it's my first straight razor - it's got an old blade marked "Gong Razor", with new wooden handles. Can anyone tell me anything about this brand/blade ? The person that sold it to me said the blade was around 50 years old.

Here are some photos I took of it today :

front :
proxy.php

back :
proxy.php

blade :
proxy.php

hollow ground :

proxy.php

Thanks ! :thumbup1:

Don't know the razor but looks nice. Nice pics too. They look professional. Extra German! Deutschland uber alles. That's fun.

By the way, what is your picture set up? Just a few sheets of white paper or what? Flash, no flash?

It's german, and looks to be in good shape, so it might make a good shaver! You should have it honed and then let us know how she does.

I like the shape of the scales, too...and the color...:drool::drool:

Yay! Another Gong out there. Here's mine, I got it about six months ago. I LOVE this razor. It honed up brilliantly and is a very smooth and sharp shaver.

Don't know the razor but looks nice. Nice pics too. They look professional. Extra German! Deutschland uber alles. That's fun.

By the way, what is your picture set up? Just a few sheets of white paper or what? Flash, no flash?

Eh, extra German allright :)

I used a Nikon D200 + 60mm macro lens. The lighting was done with a few sheets of white paper and 2 x 500W halogen lights (regular lighting, no flash).

Yay! Another Gong out there. Here's mine, I got it about six months ago. I LOVE this razor. It honed up brilliantly and is a very smooth and sharp shaver.

Wow, that one looks really mint !

From what I found out, apparently these were made in a place called Wald, in Solingen, Germany. Other than that, couldn't really find anything else about these Gong razors.

Top Bottom