What's new

Gillette Minora

I just used this for the first time and I really wanted to like this blade but sadly it didn't perform up to my standards.A 3 day growth and it tugged and nicked me twice. Others have said they were good but for me they were not.

Are you thinking of the Gillette Minora Stainless? I've used a few and I find it to be one of the few Russian Gillette blades I can't get on with. My top tier of Russian Gillettes predictably are Nacet, Platinum (Blue and White), Silver Blue.

But with blades as ever, it's YMMV.

Are you thinking of the Gillette Minora Stainless? I've used a few and I find it to be one of the few Russian Gillette blades I can't get on with. My top tier of Russian Gillettes predictably are Nacet, Platinum (Blue and White), Silver Blue.

But with blades as ever, it's YMMV.
Yes it was the Gillette Minora Stainless

I like the stainless Minoras but apparently the Platinums are much better. The Platinums are very hard to find (in Canada anyways) and I have yet to try them.

I have lots Minora Stainless blades (600-ish) and they are good… but not Nacet, Personna Red or Polsilver good IMO. The Stainless Minoras can be a bit rough in certain razors.

I like the stainless Minoras but apparently the Platinums are much better. The Platinums are very hard to find (in Canada anyways) and I have yet to try them.

I have lots Minora Stainless blades (600-ish) and they are good… but not Nacet, Personna Red or Polsilver good IMO. The Stainless Minoras can be a bit rough in certain razors.
RBC has the platinum Minoras $3.99 for 5

I love Minora Platinums, however they are (as far as I know) only distributed in South Africa. They can be had at RBC but are not offered in bulk.

IMG_20240324_083717.jpg

IMG_20240324_083731.jpg

IMG_20240324_083651.jpg

IMG_20240324_083609.jpg

IMG_20240324_083542.jpg

IMG_20240324_083522.jpg

Platinum are not Platinum,they use word to give value.

Real platinum is very pricy.
You don't say!

I'd read some more about razor blade manufacturing before claiming such things.
It is in the patent for Gillette Platinum-Plus (US patent 3,682,795)

As for the purely practical aspect here you can see scanning electron microscope info on a few blades. Some blades have platinum.

mcee_sharp

MCEAPWINMOLQOVTIAAWHAMARTHAEHOAIDIAMRHDAE

I think of Minoras as a Nacet-Lite

You don't say!

I'd read some more about razor blade manufacturing before claiming such things.
It is in the patent for Gillette Platinum-Plus (US patent 3,682,795)

As for the purely practical aspect here you can see scanning electron microscope info on a few blades. Some blades have platinum.

I am not Blade Junkie, or Nurd, if the work good, I am happy. Blades are cheap compared to high price
Multi-Blade THROWAWAY RAZORS.

Top Bottom