What's new

German/Japanese Fusion. Looks Interesting

0A6C50FB-6CF4-49A4-901A-A30A6F6FAC28.jpeg

New from Dovo. 5/8 full hollow. I can see one in my future😉

I like it but also don't. The overall design looks really interesting, but I don't know how well that reverse French Point toe will work. And I hope they can improve the curve at the heel, in the picture it looks very angular instead of a nice smooth radius.

Interesting - nice change maybe. Also concerned about the toe, I like a bit of a point to get into some nooks and crannies p. I like the shoulder-less ‘flow‘ into the blade

Neat marketing experiment to attract new customers I suppose?

I really kind of wonder how their business model is impacted by selling items that won't need to be replaced pretty much ever, to an already small customer base.

I struggle to like this by appearance or shape - interesting but functionally I think the toe would be problematic and appearance wise I really like the way straight razors look... And this doesn't look like them...

I suspect for most current avid straight users this wouldn't fit the bill, though people have varied preferences, however I bet this would be more attractive to people who aren't already attached to straight razors as they are..

I'd like to see it in a wider iteration. I also find most 5/8 blades a little too narrow and light. I also appreciate the shoulderless grind.

many just may like something different. Dare I say younger more modern tastes? 😃
many may also like the uniqueness and something to add to the collection.

i have many duplicates or triplicates of very similar looking blades but they all play their unique part in my routine. Then I have some way out ones that some days i wonder how I chose them.

Shopping…Think I might just try one of these. Found a review of this razor on YouTube. Looks like a pretty good sized 5/8. I’m thinking 11/16 maybe?

I don't like the look to be honest - looks like a hybrid of a shark and a stingray. Maybe the shark is German and the stingray is Japanese.

I’d pass just for the toe. Maybe with the same lines of a standard French point. And I’d want jimps on it. And in 6/8.

Pretty sure I don’t want to know its price point either

many just may like something different. Dare I say younger more modern tastes? 😃
many may also like the uniqueness and something to add to the collection.

i have many duplicates or triplicates of very similar looking blades but they all play their unique part in my routine. Then I have some way out ones that some days i wonder how I chose them.

Agreed here. Nothing wrong with trying to market designs that younger/modern-minded consumers may prefer. This razor doesn't excite me at all, but I'm middle-aged and more of an old soul. I prefer traditional designs.

There was mention of competing for market share of a product that, by all means, can be a one-time-and-done purchase. I think that is a significant consideration. You have to try and stand above the crowd somehow.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I'm a "young at heart" 60, and I love the looks of that razor. Looks like sculpture to me. Art.

The 5/8 appeals to me, but I would probably butcher my face with it. But I seriously can't take my eyes off it.

In March of 2021, Dovo had a design competition for a new straight razor. I would be curious if the EDO came out of that competition. See:

I applaud Dovo for creating a new straight razor. That said, not sure that I would want to own this particular razor.

Top Bottom