What's new

Frankensoap...it's alive!

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
I recently made a mix of Ogallala and Tabac...melting the Ogallala and grating in a Tabac tallow stick. It's phenomenal. And now...I think I'm going to use it exclusively for a while to make sure I'm not imagining things. Has this ever happened to you?

I recently made a mix of Ogallala and Tabac...melting the Ogallala and grating in a Tabac tallow stick. It's phenomenal. And now...I think I'm going to use it exclusively for a while to make sure I'm not imagining things. Has this ever happened to you?
Yes, some of my best soaps are blends of grated tallow based soaps (Williams/Arko + others) combined with a melt and pour (Van Der Hagen). Note that the melt and pour will coat the grated soaps so you may not get the full benefit of the blend until the second or third shave. Enjoy!

Yep. I mix an unscented but really moisturizing M&P Donkey Milk soap with MWF. The milk mixed with lanolin and a light scent that doesn't irritate makes a great soap for me.
20221221_193359.jpg

A few weeks ago in an attempt to clear out some space under my sink, I combined some soaps I rarely use into two of the large 6oz Stirling soap containers. Performance of both concoctions are really good.

Combined: Mogno, Musgo, Lea Classic, and Speick stick in one container and Musgo, Lea, and RR Gold in the second container.

JCarr

I now have four Ogallala Bay Rum and Tabac blends...using straight Bay Rum, Bay Rum and Sweet Orange, Bay Rum and Sandalwood and Bay Rum and Vanilla. I think I'm officially done with artisan shave soaps.

Latherability, slickness and scent are excellent. Haven't even used the entire Tabac stick yet and pucks of Ogallala are less than $7.

I now have four Ogallala Bay Rum and Tabac blends...using straight Bay Rum, Bay Rum and Sweet Orange, Bay Rum and Sandalwood and Bay Rum and Vanilla. I think I'm officially done with artisan shave soaps.

Latherability, slickness and scent are excellent. Haven't even used the entire Tabac stick yet and pucks of Ogallala are less than $7.
Interesting. I really like Ogallala soaps and aftershave. I just stumbled onto this product late last year. I have the Bay Rum Limes and Peppercorn soap and aftershave and it is turning out to be one of my favorites. How do you like the Sweet Orange? That one sounds pretty tempting.

JCarr

Interesting. I really like Ogallala soaps and aftershave. I just stumbled onto this product late last year. I have the Bay Rum Limes and Peppercorn soap and aftershave and it is turning out to be one of my favorites. How do you like the Sweet Orange? That one sounds pretty tempting.

Love it! I'm a big Ogallala fan. I even have an Ogallala coffee mug.

I do it intentionally for my shave sticks - hard soaps mix with Stirling Sheep, softer ones like Cella mix with MWF....

Pre De Provence x Stirling (PdeP 63 or Beramot & Thyme)
Arko x MWF
Cella x MWF
SV Dolomiti x Stirling
Electric Sheep x MWF

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
It can be enjoyable when tinkering with soaps, I bowl lather and sometimes there is remnants of previous soap in the bowl and use to scrap and throw out. Then a couple of years ago I just pressed in new soap beside the old soap remnants and usually results where excellent. One that works real well recently is MWF, press in some MWF into bowl with a small dollop of any cream and the results are impressive with MWF dominating usually as main soap and mild scent.
Some soaps I will just leave as is because every thing is the way I like it and others no problem to tinker a little.
Ogallala soaps are reasonable and I have not tinkered to much with them yet but will have to down the road now. Ogallala Bayrum is one of my favorite scents( not a sweet scent mostly with a touch of clove but more herbal sour sort of but I like it for a nice change up.) I have lots of sweet scented aftershaves and like Ogallala products, Bayrum & sandalwood cologne is my favorite and soap is great also.

What percent ratio are you using: Ogallala % Tabac % ..... thanks

My travel tub is a bunch of random bits from samples/tub bottom scrapings. It's fun to play around with it. Not just for scent but certain soaps can really make others pop.

Top Bottom