What's new

Found a gem (shaving supplies shop) in Rome!

Called Profumeria Durante:

Google Maps

It's near the Vatican. Found pretty much everything here - Fatip razors, Merkur, EJ, Parker razors and shavettes, Omega brushes, some other expensive badger hair brushes and most of the soaps - Proraso, Cella, Valobra, TOBS, Palmolive and some artisan soaps. Aftershaves like Floid. Very good collection. I wasn't able to find anything from the above list in any of the places mentioned in old B&B posts. Profumeria Mr. Muzio is all on the expensive end, nothing from the above list - no Fatip or Cella or even Proraso. The old 2009 B&B post (where someone got something in 2014) with the red X place near the Termini, I spent 30 mins walking back and forth that area - found nothing. Maybe the place has shut down.

But Durante was a great, unexpected find while walking back from the Vatican to the Ottaviano Metro.

Thanks for you excellent posting. We will be in Rome mid September-anniversary (40th) cruise. I hope our time in port allows me to visit this place. Hopefully, all the shaving related ADs, won't blow my spending money!!

Hi
My first post. glad to be here.
while in Rome one must visit Dolcimascolo in Via Gallia, 212 .
this is heaven for wetshavers. they have all brands of creams, soaps, razors, blades etc at very reasonable prices.
i think they are one of the very few shops in rome that have Cella and Vallobra or other high end italian products.
For more popular products like Proraso creams, soaps, AS and Figaro or aftershaves like floid or Denim i suggest visiting
Auchan supermarket chain. they are located out of city center. the one in Porta di roma shopping center is huge and they have everything for wetshaving for the cheapest price.

Hi
My first post. glad to be here.
while in Rome one must visit Dolcimascolo in Via Gallia, 212 .
this is heaven for wetshavers. they have all brands of creams, soaps, razors, blades etc at very reasonable prices.
i think they are one of the very few shops in rome that have Cella and Vallobra or other high end italian products.
For more popular products like Proraso creams, soaps, AS and Figaro or aftershaves like floid or Denim i suggest visiting
Auchan supermarket chain. they are located out of city center. the one in Porta di roma shopping center is huge and they have everything for wetshaving for the cheapest price.

hi!
could you please give a suggestion, where i can get the Fatip razor?

Hi
I bought my fatip picollo for 12 euro in Dolcimascolo in Via Gallia, 212.
they have all the fatip line as well as all the german razors. it is a great place for all shaving goods.

Hi
I bought my fatip picollo for 12 euro in Dolcimascolo in Via Gallia, 212.
they have all the fatip line as well as all the german razors. it is a great place for all shaving goods.
thanks! so they seem to have same goods like on the website in their store. the proraso/omega brushes could also be found in Auchan? also floid AS? and cella soap? sorry for so many questions)

Hi
Shaving brushes and soaps like cella and valobra can be found in dolcimascolo.
Auchan has all the regular soaps like proraso, omega, figaro for about 1.5 euro. Also all the italian aftershaves like proraso, floid, denim all for very cheap prices. Proraso shaving brush can be found in many stores and supermarkets for about 4-5 euros.

Top Bottom