What's new

Forget scent, what's the most effective aftershave you know

No Osage love here? Nothing makes my face feel as good as Osage. MAN I love that stuff! Not just the burn, but the smooth clean feel after.

Been through about 12 samples from Garry's and 6 bottles from local stores.. Still cannot find the right AS for me.
So I look to you.

Lets put scent aside. What aftershaves do u know of that really get the job done.. Toned, tight, and smooth (sounds bad:thumbup: )

So far, the noticeable effect on my skin has been Speick. I don't really know what ingredients lead to what effects, but I'm lookiand for results, rather than a lovely scent. If best of both worlds exist. I'm up for that too.

Ideas..?

Tell us us which ones you do not like?

here are my fav four, just for performance.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 438
For a splash, it's a tossup between Speick and Swiss Pitralon. For a balm, I have a stash of C. O Bigelow "Dr. Galen No. 174", which is great stuff but unfortunately has been out of production for several years.

My favorite is Skin Bracer

My face feels best after using it and I like the menthol coolness and scent.

I knew Speick was popular, but didn't expect to see as many reply's as there have been. Speick will be added to my next order that I place. Gotta try this stuff now.

Last edited:
I've been on an AS journey that has left my face feeling awful despite exorbitant sums of money. This past week, I went back to Pinaud and I feel I will only stray for the occasional L'Occitane balm in the deep of winter

i recently tried Canoe...time will tell if this is a contender but I am enjoying the performance

Max

Last edited:
I have a few that I really like: Speick, 4711. But when I have a particularly rough shave, nothing feels better to me than a 1 - 2 punch of Captain's Choice Lime followed up about 5 minutes later by Clubman.

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
I have to agree with aqua velva. English leather is nice too. A little more burn. Pinaud products with a little glycerin added are close behind

Nailed it! Absolutely.

I love Pinaud scents, but AV really makes my face feel great. Looking at the ingredients, I saw glycerin was the missing ingredient in the Pinaud. All my Pinaud scents are in glass, and I add 1.5 drops per ounce to all of them and they are terrific performers, too. You could probably go up to 2 drops per ounce without getting too sticky, or as low as 1 drop per ounce, but I found that 1.5 drops per ounce works for me and feels like AV with a little more burn.

Razorock Problem Solver splash has been the most effective so far. Lucido and Myrsol (any) are not far behind. For balms QCS are good enough that I use them exclusively in the cold weather.

I would love to see an ingredients list for Myrsol products.

I took a few quick pictures of the varieties I have on hand - hope they are readable.

$IMG_0773.JPG$IMG_0775.JPG$IMG_0774.JPG

I have had Formula K and the Emulsion but gave them to friends in need. All worked really well. Looking over them, if not for the absence of it in the Metilsol I'd have been tempted to guess that sorbitol was the common ingredient that agreed with my skin.

Last edited:

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
I've used Musgo Real for over a month straight everyday and it is really fantastic... I will probably order some Speick splash as I have enjoyed it in the past....otherwise I believe I will stick to the Musgo if I find the Speick to be anything less than the performance of the Musgo Real

Top Bottom