What's new

Forget scent, what's the most effective aftershave you know

Been through about 12 samples from Garry's and 6 bottles from local stores.. Still cannot find the right AS for me.
So I look to you.

Lets put scent aside. What aftershaves do u know of that really get the job done.. Toned, tight, and smooth (sounds bad:thumbup: )

So far, the noticeable effect on my skin has been Speick. I don't really know what ingredients lead to what effects, but I'm lookiand for results, rather than a lovely scent. If best of both worlds exist. I'm up for that too.

Ideas..?

Captains Choice (any of them) has the best combo of warmth, toning, moisturizing and lasting "face-feel" for my money. And the scents are top-notch!

I have a couple dozen different aftershaves, and Speick leaves my face feeling better than anything else.

The best thing ive found for my skin, no scent, is lubriderm post shave lotion. It cools any burn if there is any, tightens and moisturizes my skin. I put all over my entire face after shaving face still very very slightly damp.
Its also way inexpensive. I got a 16oz pump top bottle online (forget where) for around $10!

AV for me, too. Aqua Velva = instant face relief. Clubman ever so slightly second to it. I would say witch hazel but I actually think for any single product that the Velv is the best.

Because of touchy skin and varying humidity in Sweden I only use DR Harris and Castle Forbes balms. The sole exception is TOBS Jermyn street collection. These balms are a real life saver for me!

Weleda Rasierwasser is performing similar to Speick at the moment (I've only used it for the past 3 days). It has a fair ole alcohol hit when you splash it on, but after this the rest of the ingredients do their magic. Razor burn is killed off instantly and I think it has a high witch hazel content too.

The scent is very heavy on myrrh and black pepper, that is the overwhelming scent when you first use it. The dry down leaves citrus notes coming through slightly stronger but I'm still not a fan of the scent. At the moment the performance is the only factor keeping me using this AS. I think I will return to Speick next week.

Aubrey Organics Spice Island performed best for me but I wasn't crazy for the scent. I will have to try City Rythms at some point cos this stuff works too well to give up on.
HoneyBee Gardens Bay Rum works almost as good and I love the scent.
Natural ingredients in both.

I have to agree with aqua velva. English leather is nice too. A little more burn. Pinaud products with a little glycerin added are close behind

- Proraso green
- Proraso white
- Opus Ruri by Una Salvia 4 (italian only: you can't find it outside Italy. Well, even in Italy it'is not easy to find)

Top Bottom