What's new

Foreign Gillette DE Razors

By 'foreign' I disqualify those made in England or Canada here as there is a ton of info in the archives on those. Please, do not post about those two countries. However, there is next to zero on those made in Argentina, France, Venezuela, Mexico, etc.

Does anyone have any experience with Gillette DE razors made in these other countries?

I usually see Tech razors made in countries other than USA, England & Canada. I own a couple French made tech razors and one made in Germany.

I use to often see ones made in Argentina and I've seen Knack's made in Mexico. I think something might have been made in Brazil once? I've never seen anything made by Gillette in Venezuela though.

I usually see Tech razors made in countries other than USA, England & Canada. I own a couple French made tech razors and one made in Germany.

I use to often see ones made in Argentina and I've seen Knack's made in Mexico. I think something might have been made in Brazil once? I've never seen anything made by Gillette in Venezuela though.
Yes, in 1931 after Gillette lost legal battle in court to Auto Strop owner Geisman and merged, with the merger of Auto Strop Gillette rented a factory space to make blades in Rio DE Janiero.
Mexico plant in 1906;
Gillette had offices in Buenos Aires Argentina to control an import/distribution network of Latin nations.

So, how did they shave as compared to USA made Techs?
One of the French Techs is a Bakelite razor and I've never tried it. The other French Tech is an Open Comb one and I actually use it a lot but it shaves pretty similar to 1950's Techs if I was to guess. The German Tech has an aluminum base plate and I've never tried that one either.

Luminous, I too have an open comb tech, but it doesn't say on the razor anywhere where it was made. The only markings on it are an O on the bottom left, and a 4 on the bottom right. (On the bottom of the comb guard plate). How might I tell where it is from?

Luminous, I too have an open comb tech, but it doesn't say on the razor anywhere where it was made. The only markings on it are an O on the bottom left, and a 4 on the bottom right. (On the bottom of the comb guard plate). How might I tell where it is from?

Any pics?

Hello Alex, here's a couple of photos of my OC Tech- $ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419572304.120694.jpg
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419572320.786249.jpg
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419572335.653965.jpg

As you can see,there's no "Made In England" or "Made In France" markings on it anywhere. Any input is appreciated Alex. Thanks.

Top Bottom