What's new

Folsom & Co Aftershave

Ok guys here's the word. John from Folsom & Co. wrote a response to my email regarding modeling of his scents. Here they are:

"Black Powder is “inspired by” YSL’s La Nuit de L'Homme actually. Shambala closely resembles Issey Miyake’s L’Eau D'Issey. The scents aren’t exact of course. As far as other scents goes, I hope to have another scent out by the end of the year. :)"

So there it is.

I love Issay Miyake's cologne so I'll definately have to pick up a bottle of Shambala. Thanks for this info!

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Folsom & Co have yet another scent to their line of aftershaves. It's called Shady Past.

$ShadyLITE.jpeg

​Shady Past

Nicotiana tabacum, the tobacco leaf, is a grown for a myriad of reasons, but none more beautiful than perfumery. It's warmth is that of whiskey and maple but its sweetness is reminiscent of coconut and caramel.

Amber has an interesting history all its own. In ancient China, the fossilized tree resin was burned in festivals and used for celebrations. Today, amber is merely replicated in fragrances with a variety of different techniques.

Shady Past is the combination of these two perfume staples. Sweet tobacco and amber take the lead with notes of cardamom and ginger for support. It's the smoothest aftershave you'll ever wear.

I'm fairly new to pairing aftershave and cologne scents. I've just received my first bottle of Folsom Muir. Man, what a great scent! Does anyone have any suggestions on what cologne goes best with this aftershave or what inspired it? I can't get enough of this woody scent. Thanks!

Very Nice reviews!

F&C has a great line- Capri is very citrus like, with a little spice. Shambala is citrus but on the sweeter side. Black Powder is a sweet spice scent. Muir is very much Cedar. Shady Past has a sweet tobacco scent with a little spice and maybe musk as a late note.
My two favourites are Black Powder and Shady Past.

I have both Black Powder and Capri , I use BP in the winter and Capri in summer or recently in Jamaica! The skin feel is great too, the best balanced aftershaves for me.

F&C is one of my favorite aftershave brands. One of the few brands I can say I like every aftershave scent they offer (Fine is the other). My favorite is Muir followed by Black Powder, but they are all great and have good longevity.

Never heard of them until now. Sorry that I missed trying them. Their website is down and Maggard is sold out.

What's this I hear that F&C closed down?

Word on the street is that the owner was a college student and has graduated and moved on to his career.

He made good stuff, I have 3 of them and they're very good. They never got the attention of they deserved.

Top Bottom