What's new

Folliculitis , which products have been effective for you ?

I'd been suffering from this on the neck line until a year ago, my up front costs for products roughly $125CDN or so.

Hot shower
CeraVe SA Facial Cleanser (morning and night)
CeraVe Benzoyl Peroxide (morning only)
Shave as you would
Thayers Unscented Witch Hazel (post shave)
CeraVe Resurfacing Retinol Serum - 1 pump (morning and night)
Cerave Lotion - nickel sized amount (morning and night)

Other areas that I experience folliculitis I skip the benzoyl peroxide just due to the sensitivity of the skin.

Finally there have been times where I lose the battle, and I need my doctor to request Fuscidic (sp???) Acid and HydroCortisone

I was just thinking about this recently because of a new product I've been using. They are basically just disposable towels from a company called Clean Skin Club. It has made the biggest difference for me. They are basically just washcloth-sized towels made out of cotton and bamboo. I have dealt with folliculitis for years and seemingly nothing worked, but my skin cleared up tremendously within a few days. In the past, I've used clean washcloths, but I run out after a few days and just dry my face with my normal bath towel. Even though it feels wasteful, it's been super effective and not too expensive at only about $15 per month. It's totally worth it for me.

Top Bottom