What's new

Foie Gras a Faux Pas?

Foie Gras a Faux Pas?

• Foie Gras is Culinary Heaven!

• No way Count…I think Foie Gras should be banned in the U.S..think of the Geese dude!

• “Art is King”

Results are only viewable after voting.

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
I had some with a Chateau Y'quem and admittedly it was awesome. But, not something I would miss (the foie gras, that is.)

As Tony Bourdain says, the geese have it better than the vast majority of chickens raised for consumption. Therefore I would be a bad person NOT to support the industry.

Chicago enacted a foie gras ban in 2006. It was widely mocked and flouted and, after a couple of years, repealed.

Yeah, there was consternation around here back then. A lot of places just flat out ignored the ban. Some got fined, most didn't. A lot of places also thumbed their noses at it by still serving it, but not charging for it, like giving complementary appetizers to those eating dinner, which included foie gras. They didn't sell it, so technically they didn't violate the law.

It has been years since I've had it. When I did last sample, it didn't do much for me. I'll give it another whirl I suppose some time, but I'm not going to go out of my way to do so.

1) Almost everyone likes being able to drive. / Many people enjoy eating foie gras.

2) Some car factories dump toxic sludge into rivers. / Some farmers force-feed and abuse their ducks.

3) Therefore all cars should be banned. / Therefore foie gras should be banned.

:confused1

1) Almost everyone likes being able to drive. / Many people enjoy eating foie gras.

2) Some car factories dump toxic sludge into rivers. / Some farmers force-feed and abuse their ducks.

3) Therefore all cars should be banned. / Therefore foie gras should be banned.

:confused1

I believe that in making foie gras, they are all force-fed beyond what they would normally consume. That is the alleged abuse. Although a good attempt, I think you analogy falls short here.

Foie Gras is awesome. If you ever get to Chicago, have to go to a hot dog place called Hot Doug's. They have a duck sausage with foie gras on top and fries cooked in duck fat. Outstanding!

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I believe that in making foie gras, they are all force-fed beyond what they would normally consume. That is the alleged abuse.

At my house, we call that Thanksgiving dinner, yet no one complains.

I believe that in making foie gras, they are all force-fed beyond what they would normally consume. That is the alleged abuse. Although a good attempt, I think you analogy falls short here.

Agreed except for one thing. There is no alleged about the abuse. Whether it's outside the range of other animal husbandry abuses is beyond my ken.
Whether it should be banned, or the products banned is a political discussion best left to other sites.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Anyone for ortolan?

$news-graphics-2007-_644874a.jpg

Maybe a Hermes shopping bag to fit over my head. Truly I'd rather have Caille en Sarcophage avec Sauce Perigourdine if they were both on the menu, hopefully Ouch is buying and brought the wine.

Top Bottom